Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

My UMI and BMR suspension build

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

k, so i finally got time to switch my embarrassing mistakes around. got the spacers in the right spot and adjusted the alignment a little better. then i moved to the back and found that when i installed my rear sway upside down i bent the bolt for the linkage tightening it down. so i called UMI today and asked for a replacement (yes Jerry, that was me). bad news is that they don't sell the individual bolts. good news is that their CS is still awesome and i got the linkage kit shipped for $28. so thanks again to UMI. once i get the new parts i'll post some pics of the rear sway installed correctly, lol!
Old 12-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Staging Lane

I have a question for you. Which lower A-arms are you using? I have BMR upper and lower A-arms and I'm wanting to go with the UMI road race K-member. Just want to check to see if you knew if they're compatible.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 199 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Badmeat
I have a question for you. Which lower A-arms are you using? I have BMR upper and lower A-arms and I'm wanting to go with the UMI road race K-member. Just want to check to see if you knew if they're compatible.
They are compatible.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks. Nice build by the way. I've got a similar BMR setup (wasn't my choice of purchase). I'm looking into rear shocks at the moment. How do you like your Bil shocks?
What's the end goal for the car? Drag, RR, auto-x?
Old 12-21-2011, 09:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys.

Our k-member has the pickup points in the factory location. It is compatible with factory arms as well as BMR and most other popular brand aftermarket arms.

Thanks for considering UMI.

ramey
Old 12-21-2011, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks. Nice build by the way. I've got a similar BMR setup (wasn't my choice of purchase). I'm looking into rear shocks at the moment. How do you like your Bil shocks?
What's the end goal for the car? Drag, RR, auto-x?
nothing wrong with BMR, they make great stuff from what i've seen and heard. i started with UMI and kept with them cuz i've been very happy with their products. i went with BMR's springs since they have a no sag guarantee. haven't had a chance to get the car on the street yet since i have to get it legal and aligned first, but from past experience with other vehicles bilstein is much better that stock. i'm setting up a car cruise in january so i'll let you know how it handles once that's over.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

^ ive had bmr springs for 9 months on my DD with konis and its still like the day i put them on. they make good stuff
Old 12-22-2011, 08:56 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 98TAjwh
nothing wrong with BMR, they make great stuff from what i've seen and heard. i started with UMI and kept with them cuz i've been very happy with their products. i went with BMR's springs since they have a no sag guarantee. haven't had a chance to get the car on the street yet since i have to get it legal and aligned first, but from past experience with other vehicles bilstein is much better that stock. i'm setting up a car cruise in january so i'll let you know how it handles once that's over.
Originally Posted by bwkmaro
^ ive had bmr springs for 9 months on my DD with konis and its still like the day i put them on. they make good stuff
Thanks for the good words and the feedback guys!

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 12-27-2011, 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

quick update. got the rear sway on right this time. i have to track down a couple exhaust leaks before i go to the smog shop. next time i'll post in this thread will be after i get my alignment done since i know some had asked to post up how much it costs.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

quick question for UMI. what should the pinion angle be set at on this torque arm with BMR's springs?
Old 12-27-2011, 06:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For street and occasional drag, one degree down driveshaft vs pinion (on T/A bracket). Test drive and evaluate forward traction and smoothness.

Ramey
Old 06-17-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow, it really has been over a year since i was able to drive my car! but i finally got everything done and just in time for father's day. my wife and i will be celebrating by driving the bird on a scenic route to julian, ca with my daughter. i even found a car seat that matches my aftermarket seats, lol!
i said i would post the cost of the alignment a looooooooooong time ago because i couldn't get a good recommendation on a shop locally. i originally took it to a pepboys, where the technicians were extremely rude and told me they were too busy. no "bring by at this time" or anything. just too busy. i finally got a referral from the guy behind the counter to take it to trueline in chula vista who were more than helpful. i guess i got it aligned good enough that they only had to make minor adjustments and charged me 60.00 for their standard alignment. i'll post a picture later of how the car stands on the BMR springs, but i gotta get ready to head out on a cruise. thanks for lookin and happy father's day to all you dads!

Quick Reply: My UMI and BMR suspension build