Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Why does my ABS/TCS light always come on?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 03:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why does my ABS/TCS light always come on?

Ok so I have a 1998 Camaro Z28 and for a long time now the the ABS light and the TCS light or what ever the two brake lights are that are the lower left of the instrument cluster are always lit. Sometimes if I take it to the carwash they will go off and stay off or they will flicker or they they will flicker and stay on. So my main question is what is causing this problem? It also happened to my 1997 Camaro SS I used to have. Please help me out.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I stand corrected the abs inop and low trac light are the ones lit up not abs/tcs.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:48 AM
Launching!

mine has the same problem...could a speed sensor on one of the tires, or one of the wires is cut, or could be the abs block...
check the speed sensors for any lose wires, or take it to a shop to get those codes checked

mine showed it was the speed sensor and the abs block, i changed the speed sensor the light still there.. next is the abs block!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This sounds like way too easy of a fix but it happened to me. My light would come on for a couple hours to a day then turn off, then one day it came on and stayed on, I tried everything and came across a loose ground on the driver wheel well right by the brakes and my ground had wiggled it's way loose, I tightened it and haven't had a problem since

Quick Reply: Why does my ABS/TCS light always come on?