Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stagg Shocks And Eibach Sportlings Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=NVR_SPDS;15866580]A while back, we ran some Sportlines on our old 02 WS.6 (sold) and although it looked great, it was just too low. The ride wasnt great (stock shocks) but it was tolerable. It could have been in my head, but once I installed some SFCs, it did seem to help the ride.

One thing I wasnt fond (besides the ride, although the shocks have alot to do with it) of on the Sportlines, is once they settle, half the coils in the front are stacked, and do nothing for you at all.

yea i get what you mean, sportlines arnt the best springs out there but they sure make our rides look better! and ya im want to get some sfc soon too i hear there a MUST for our cars. Nice Trans am's by the way.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by r4dio78
the front ground effects wernt on the car when i bought it. ive been looking for the front pices since ive bought the car but cant find them anywhere. N yes i deleted the side molding too i looks alot cleaner.
I know someone about to part a silver Z28 with RS body kit, PM me if interested..

o be honest i never like the rs kit on these cars but i started to grown on them n kinda like it now, but it deff looks off with out the front pices. i used to have a white z28 convertible with the ss hood n spoiler n LOVED the way it look, over all i would perfer the ss look but from pics of removing the rs kit and all the holes i could live with out it. n thxs bro, ur ws6 is SICKK!
Thanks man, looks a little bit different now but still a Pewter Ws6.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:32 AM
BS
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ballinonabudget
Yep you can't go wrong with Bilsteins, but they were also a new product once too.

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Correct, however the Bilstein company has been around for a long time, with a solid reputation.

"High pressure gas monotube. Patented by Christian Bourcier de Carbon , a French researcher in the field of vibrations, in 1953. Christian Bourcier de Carbon founded the De Carbon company in the same year 1953 when he invented the monotube high pressure gas shock absorber. Soon after a license was sold to Bilstein in Germany.

In 1954, BILSTEIN was the first to realise the potential
offered by an idea of Prof. Bourcier de Carbon. The aim was to eliminate the physical disadvantages of the
conventional telescopic shock absorbers, whilst at the
same time making the dampers lighter and able to be
fitted in any position."

Yep, Bilsteins been around since the beginning of the modern shock absorbers.

Last edited by BS; 01-23-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by z28bryan
I just did a google on "stagg shocks". It's pretty entertaining.
It sure is!!

What I found was a dozen or so listings by some outfit selling motorcycle pictures, or maybe it was motorcycle parts, it was hard to figure out, and a post from a Mitsu forum, wanting to know if anybody's tried the Stagg shocks....
Old 01-23-2012, 09:04 AM
TECH Junkie

I like the way it rides, my suspension is built for performance not ride comfort.
My suspension is built for both
Old 01-24-2012, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very interested in this setup. 80% of my driving is highway and the rest is just around town/car show on Fridays. I may just try these out with my Intrax/Sportline Combo Im getting. If I get these Ill have $200 in shocks and springs, sounds good to me
Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The other question I would have is how long do they last? Sure they might start off OK but what is long-term durability? The only way to find out is test them.

Come back in 30k miles and let us know how they are holding up
Old 01-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Blk98Vert
Very interested in this setup. 80% of my driving is highway and the rest is just around town/car show on Fridays. I may just try these out with my Intrax/Sportline Combo Im getting. If I get these Ill have $200 in shocks and springs, sounds good to me
just remember sportlines give the car a drop! make sure think ahead of time if you have headers and a ory or in the near future that you may be scraping and speed bumps are a pain in the ***! or even entering/leaving parking lots you may be scraping. and when it comes to choosing wheels you are kinda limited. also make sure you get an adj lower control arm brackets, and you may need a adjustible panhard bar.

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
The other question I would have is how long do they last? Sure they might start off OK but what is long-term durability? The only way to find out is test them.

sure thing... but all my driving is in the city and i put about 5,000 miles this last year so might be awhile, lol. + they come with lifetime warranty.

[QUOTE=lemons12;15869482]I know someone about to part a silver Z28 with RS body kit, PM me if interested..

Pm Sent
Old 01-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Staging Lane

Also i just got my new set of rims and i will post pics and info tomorrow ill prob. make a new thread in the wheels section ill post a link.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Trust me I know. Already have the LCA brackets and will be getting a panhard bar. My current wheels will be fine, I've seen people run 315s with sportlines personally. Will also be doing Hooker LTs and true duals all the way back. My guy knows how to tuck them up.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:31 AM
Banned

My biggest problem isn't my ORY or headers at all, it's the damn muffler/tail pipes on my catback. I gotta get some rods or some type or hangers tacked on to keep em hung high. I've never scraped once with my Pacesetter LT's & 6LE ORY. I'm lowered about 1.5" on BMR springs.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

OP I just got a set of sportlines for the rear and noticed one was slightly longer than the other, maybe try swapping yours and see if it levels out?
Old 01-28-2012, 02:55 AM
Staging Lane

Trust me I know. Already have the LCA brackets and will be getting a panhard bar. My current wheels will be fine, I've seen people run 315s with sportlines personally. Will also be doing Hooker LTs and true duals all the way back. My guy knows how to tuck them up.
ya thats what i was running with my tt2 17x11 with 315. but damn tru duals.. its gonna sound like a beast!

My biggest problem isn't my ORY or headers at all, it's the damn muffler/tail pipes on my catback. I gotta get some rods or some type or hangers tacked on to keep em hung high. I've never scraped once with my Pacesetter LT's & 6LE ORY. I'm lowered about 1.5" on BMR springs.
ya i only scrape on my y. i have the slp 3" y pipe with my pacesetters and had the muffler shop custom fit it, but thinking of taking it to the muffler shop to have them tuck it better.

OP I just got a set of sportlines for the rear and noticed one was slightly longer than the other, maybe try swapping yours and see if it levels out?
ima have to check that out hopefully that would even the car out.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:31 AM
Staging Lane

okay so i finally got my wheels on and i think they look sick! and the ride isnt bad at all. and i had to do the bfh mod cause i have 305 in the rear and barly clear the inside wheel well. heres a pic. more info here about the wheels https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...l#post15894540

Old 01-28-2012, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Like it
Old 01-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Like it
thxs bro, when i pulled the rims out the box to check them out i was so hyped to get them on!
Old 01-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO

I've read on a different thread that Bilsteins will only last about a year on Sportlines. I think it was Sam saying it but I might be wrong.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's been nearly a year, how are the shocks fairing and how many miles?
Old 11-11-2012, 02:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interested in selling your stock springs? If so, PM me.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

so the stagg shocks are good to purchase probably just going to go with my stock springs

Quick Reply: Stagg Shocks And Eibach Sportlings Review