Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New LCA & Panhard Bar Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 07:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep this is getting kind of ridiculous. Clearly the majority of us on here don't use these parts to their full potential. I'm sure that the vendors in this thread know how to make these products to sell to us car ethusiasts. I've learned being on this site that alot of people are bias towards their own products. Thats fine but to be putting down others work when their is no real proof of something failing just gets old. Again I would buy from Founders, Mwc, Bmr, Umi, Spohn any day of the week.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by sscamaroburn02
Yep this is getting kind of ridiculous. Clearly the majority of us on here don't use these parts to their full potential. I'm sure that the vendors in this thread know how to make these products to sell to us car ethusiasts. I've learned being on this site that alot of people are bias towards their own products. Thats fine but to be putting down others work when their is no real proof of something failing just gets old. Again I would buy from Founders, Mwc, Bmr, Umi, Spohn any day of the week.
+1. This really got out of hand... I'd buy from all the above depending on application.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:32 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to apologize to everyone, my response was nothing more than to let everyone know there is many different variations in suspension items on the market. It is best to know what you are getting for your money spent.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You did not offend any one founders just go butt hurt.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Banned

Pulse spray makes a lot of splatter and low deposition which means less penetration in the metal which makes it weaker at the weld.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02ws.sik
You did not offend any one founders just go butt hurt.
All I saw was that founders backed up what they had to say with good tech. I like to see this in a tech forum. All I saw from you was trying to bash a company that you obviously have not seen any parts from. I understand your biased but lets keep it real.

Originally Posted by 02ws.sik
Pulse spray makes a lot of splatter and low deposition which means less penetration in the metal which makes it weaker at the weld.
I think you are thinking of spray arc not pulse spray. Pulse spray is designed to be spatter free according to Lincoln and Miller.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Well I got my Founders panhard bar. Even if it isnt up to the standards of you I believe it will work great on my budget bolt on DD. Other vendors may be better or may not but I think this one will work just fine.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:43 AM
On The Tree

After all this I think I'll be ordering some Founders stuff next month, my car certainly doesn't go on any ****-kicking jumps or do wheelies so I'm not worried about breaking any of the welds, plus the prices are very nice.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

This thread is pretty disappointing.

It looks more like a Youtube comment war than a helpful conversation. I was searching for reviews of Founders products as they are new and I'm thinking of purchasing a set up from them. I can say that if the product support is anything as comprehensive as the comments left from Founders they will succeed.

I have never heard of Midwest Chassis but I'm sure they produce quality products and have a loyal following. However it only took about two post to recognize the bratty, know it all, I'm the best attitude they seem to project; I don't need that from someone I'm buying from. Perhaps that is not they message they attempted to convey but that is exactly what I got out of it. For their viability I hope others don't feel the same and say nothing. Founders replied with insightful, sited and linked information for the readers to research for themselves. They book used by many was basically dismissed in a I know it all comment from Midwest, is that really who I want to take advice from? Offensive is not my intent but rather a look from a objective angle. The comments from some users seems very immature and when confronted seem to lack any educational content or knowledge of the fact. Sounded like people without the opinion requested from the o.p. but not respectful to understand that posted. One user sounds like he is in welding school, I was looking forward to useful technical information from him; unfortunately none was shown.

Founders has replied to every post with a thoughtful well documented post that seemed to answer the inquire with prevalent information. They took a picture of the weld and rod end and the answer they received was some sort of acronym that made little sense.

Guys has it really come to this? Arguing about weld splatter or manufacturing practices that are much more sophisticated that necessary? How about the totally under engineered stock LCA we all received on our car and the improvement ANY aftermarket piece is? I'm not saying that we need to buy sub standard products or products using inferior materials; however I appreciate a manufacture that is marketing a product at a lower price(you can read why in Founders reply) with similar if not near identical performance. I don't mind paying a premium for a premium product but I'm not inclined to pay $99.99 because the competitor is charging $99.98. Seems to me that Founders has found a way to sell a product that is well built for a cheaper price. They very well could have charged the same as UMI, BMR, etc but they didn't. They are selling their product for what appears to be a fair price and backing it with fact, education and a ask any question and we will answer attitude. For that they have my respect and order.

I don't have a unlimited budget so if I can save resources it will result in further purchase from supporting sponsors. I have seem similar responses from vendors such as Texas Speed, UMI, BMR (who never slander each other) Kee Audio and my all time favorite sponsor Sam Strano. These are the people I choose to do business with and the reason we have a site like this for help and support.

I WILL SUPPORT FOUNDERS AS A SPONSOR AND MANUFACTURE BASED ON THE TACT AND EDUCATIONAL APPROACH TAKEN WHEN CHALLENGED ABOUT THEIR PRODUCTS.

Last edited by 99wssixm6; 12-25-2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Forgot to add other honest sponsors
Old 12-27-2011, 01:08 AM
Staging Lane

All I can say is don't let this thread skew anyones choices on suspension companies. Just call around and get a feel for yourself and if its a budget then work in your price range. If I was on a budget then I would rather spend the money on going fast! A good set of tires will help get it to stick, a great suspension will help handling, and alot of ponies will get the car moving so its your choice where you put your money.

Some of the guys who posted on here that did not help at all need to really I'm not going to say any names but if your going to argue then back what you say don't add fuel to the fire. The sponsors were just pointing out things to watch out for and you immature kids started bashing one while backing the other based on nothing other than what company you have on your car. Everyone deserves a fair shake. Just saying
Old 12-27-2011, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be more reluctant to buy from Founders after this thread honestly. The way they came across, atleast to me any way, was like a know it all, 10 year old boy who got something they were proud of, and no one could say anything about it. I dont expect competitors to agree on anything when it comes to what they build, and how, because they are just that, Competitors! But I think they went a little too far in the attempt to "prove" they arent just a cheap, knockoff.

Currently, Im not running anything from MWC, All my parts are UMI, but I have to agree with what he said. In my personal experience with aftermarket parts, you really do get what you pay for, and thats not just suspension parts. Over the last 11 years, Ive been modifying vehicles, and learning as I go. Early on, I bought similiar parts based on price alone, and I ended up replacing them because the quality/performance wasnt there. Im in no way saying that all cheap parts are junk, but it seems a good amount of the time, it doesnt perform like the more expensive parts.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

99WSSIXM6. is the man I could not have said it better. O2ws.sic came off like a child and his responses were totally uncalled for. Just sayin if I was a Mexican I might have to see how local you are to me. Racist comments and childish slander should not be tolerated here. This is rediculous. Nothing but a 3 page Dick measuring competition. Founders you guys are great. Thanks for making QUALITY AFFORDABLE parts for us normal guys. Nice to know we can still have fun with our cars without the winning lottery ticket. Mwc you should kinda be ashamed of yourself. I am sorry if it wasn't but it definately seemed like a direct attack at founders. All I can say is I would be pissed to if my competition smashed my prices. Founders backed up every request. Never seen any cut welds from mwc.
Founders gets my money all day long!
But please can we stop the who is the best stuff. Founders defended respectfully and tactfully.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by evilz99
99WSSIXM6. is the man I could not have said it better. O2ws.sic came off like a child and his responses were totally uncalled for. Just sayin if I was a Mexican I might have to see how local you are to me. Racist comments and childish slander should not be tolerated here. This is rediculous. Nothing but a 3 page Dick measuring competition. Founders you guys are great. Thanks for making QUALITY AFFORDABLE parts for us normal guys. Nice to know we can still have fun with our cars without the winning lottery ticket. Mwc you should kinda be ashamed of yourself. I am sorry if it wasn't but it definately seemed like a direct attack at founders. All I can say is I would be pissed to if my competition smashed my prices. Founders backed up every request. Never seen any cut welds from mwc.
Founders gets my money all day long!
But please can we stop the who is the best stuff. Founders defended respectfully and tactfully.
Want me to pm you my address?
Old 01-01-2012, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah because I feel so strongly about the topic that I am gonna go all the way to IL from NJ just to pick on a 16 year old kid. Listen when you get your mouth off the tit, buy a house and put some of your own kids on a tit thats when you can talk about spending money. keep flippin burgers, save your money and come here. wait til your 18 though cuz I dont want assault on a minor they frown on that in my law enforcement career! just saying grow up son how many parts could a 16 year old kid have really bought at this point to compare. I see you just joined in august is that when you got your license? unbelievable!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

kinda pissed that I almost lowered myself to your level but it had to be said. Jsut to repeat to everyone that didnt see it. the kids is 16
wow
Old 01-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Banned

Smile

Parts i have got for the bird ill make a list for you:
Motor; ud pulley, ms3 cam, 227cc heads, fast 102/102, tsp 100mm maf, smooth bellow, ftp 104 lid, kooks 1 7/8 long tubes, and kooks true duals with single tips.

Trans.; trans go shift kit, be cool tranny cooler, tci 3500 stall

Ext.;c6 z06 rims. 315 drag radials,5% Tint

Int;just bought a ratchet shifter b and m sleath

Suspension; all umi except bmr dsl.

Yes i paid for all of it. Trying to think if i forgot anything
Old 01-01-2012, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Congrats. How much did daddy buy? You talk about quality but you have a tci stall. I havnt read one good thing about them maybe we need another 3 pages of childish bashing for that? By the way. Not sure of your time zone there but its a quarter after midnight here shouldn't you be in bed. Isn't it a school night or something. Lmfao.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by evilz99
Congrats. How much did daddy buy? You talk about quality but you have a tci stall. I havnt read one good thing about them maybe we need another 3 pages of childish bashing for that? By the way. Not sure of your time zone there but its a quarter after midnight here shouldn't you be in bed. Isn't it a school night or something. Lmfao.
Its ok i think i gonna change it. Ya i dont sleep but maybe 5 hrs a night. No all my money. I got some $'s i got from a uncle that passed. I still miss him. He gave it to me because i always would help him with anything. He liked cars and so did i.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99wssixm6
This thread is pretty disappointing.

It looks more like a Youtube comment war than a helpful conversation. I was searching for reviews of Founders products as they are new and I'm thinking of purchasing a set up from them. I can say that if the product support is anything as comprehensive as the comments left from Founders they will succeed.

I have never heard of Midwest Chassis but I'm sure they produce quality products and have a loyal following. However it only took about two post to recognize the bratty, know it all, I'm the best attitude they seem to project; I don't need that from someone I'm buying from. Perhaps that is not they message they attempted to convey but that is exactly what I got out of it. For their viability I hope others don't feel the same and say nothing. Founders replied with insightful, sited and linked information for the readers to research for themselves. They book used by many was basically dismissed in a I know it all comment from Midwest, is that really who I want to take advice from? Offensive is not my intent but rather a look from a objective angle. The comments from some users seems very immature and when confronted seem to lack any educational content or knowledge of the fact. Sounded like people without the opinion requested from the o.p. but not respectful to understand that posted. One user sounds like he is in welding school, I was looking forward to useful technical information from him; unfortunately none was shown.

Founders has replied to every post with a thoughtful well documented post that seemed to answer the inquire with prevalent information. They took a picture of the weld and rod end and the answer they received was some sort of acronym that made little sense.

Guys has it really come to this? Arguing about weld splatter or manufacturing practices that are much more sophisticated that necessary? How about the totally under engineered stock LCA we all received on our car and the improvement ANY aftermarket piece is? I'm not saying that we need to buy sub standard products or products using inferior materials; however I appreciate a manufacture that is marketing a product at a lower price(you can read why in Founders reply) with similar if not near identical performance. I don't mind paying a premium for a premium product but I'm not inclined to pay $99.99 because the competitor is charging $99.98. Seems to me that Founders has found a way to sell a product that is well built for a cheaper price. They very well could have charged the same as UMI, BMR, etc but they didn't. They are selling their product for what appears to be a fair price and backing it with fact, education and a ask any question and we will answer attitude. For that they have my respect and order.

I don't have a unlimited budget so if I can save resources it will result in further purchase from supporting sponsors. I have seem similar responses from vendors such as Texas Speed, UMI, BMR (who never slander each other) Kee Audio and my all time favorite sponsor Sam Strano. These are the people I choose to do business with and the reason we have a site like this for help and support.

I WILL SUPPORT FOUNDERS AS A SPONSOR AND MANUFACTURE BASED ON THE TACT AND EDUCATIONAL APPROACH TAKEN WHEN CHALLENGED ABOUT THEIR PRODUCTS.
I will say that until today I hadnt even heard of Founders!

As a 25 year aircraft mechanic, 40 years in the Motocross industry, 10 years as a USAC Sprint Car Mechanic and welding for over 35 years I cant argue with any of Founders Points!

I am not saying that any company is better then the other but I will agree 100% with the post above!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks straitimestirrups. Good to see some one experienced chime in. As for the 16 year old you sound like you have matured a lot since the send me your address comment. Sorry to hear about your uncle but you really should learn to watch what you say. My wife could be a Mexican and I could live next door to you. Or I could be the owner of founders and live around the corner from you. Every word you say has a consequence.

Quick Reply: New LCA & Panhard Bar Questions