Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I want to Lower my car, coilovers? springs? help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 04:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to Lower my car, coilovers? springs? help?

I obviously want to make my car handle, and I want to lower my car, how will I go about doing this. I was looking at the Spohn coilovers on WS6. But it does not describe it very well. Can anyone else give me some insight? thanks guys!
Old 12-09-2011, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really depends on how much of a drop and how much you want to spend

Strano springs on Bilstein shocks tend to be the best combo for most people's budgets with a 1.25" or so drop. If you want to spend a little more, look into some Koni shocks. Whichever you choose, give Sam Strano a call - he's a sponsor and sells/uses/wins with all of the above products
Old 12-09-2011, 07:50 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^agree im going with bmrs or strano springs , they seem to be the best for our cars without the slammed look, i think strano had a lowering package on his site
Old 12-09-2011, 07:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Vin. Strano springs, the dampers he recommends for your budget, and UMI relocation brackets are a great start. I see you already have an aftermarket PHB. Is it adjustable? If it's not, you'll want to center your rear wheels after lowering, preferably with an adjustable UMI model.

Coilovers are nice but it's hard to beat a properly balanced and matched Strano setup for simplicity and effectiveness.

ramey
Old 12-09-2011, 10:04 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
^agree im going with bmrs or strano springs , they seem to be the best for our cars without the slammed look, i think strano had a lowering package on his site
We can get you a package with our springs and Bilsteins or the Koni shocks. If you order the Koni shocks and springs together, you save $249.95, essentially getting you the springs for free. Our springs offer a 1.25-inch drop with a 550 linear front and a 160 linear dual rate rear spring, making them great for handling and the slightly stiffer rear has worked well in many drag racing applications, too.

Let me know if I can help.
Kevin
813-986-9302
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: I want to Lower my car, coilovers? springs? help?