Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Can someone check my alignment? Issues...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 01:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still think tires
Johnny
Old 12-15-2011, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
There's ALWAYS a disagreement over camber settings, the "street heros" always tell you that -1* (or even a little more negative) is what you want, and yes, it will increase cornering force, but at the expense of edge wear. I always run 0* camber. Yes, I might give up a tiny bit of cornering grip, but my tires wear completely even across the tread, and secondly, I'm not racing anybody.
Hmm strange. When I ran 0* of camber the outside of my front tires wore pretty quick, and the inside looked new. Now running -1* and getting even wear, thats why I suggested it, not so much for the handling gain.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Hmm strange. When I ran 0* of camber the outside of my front tires wore pretty quick, and the inside looked new. Now running -1* and getting even wear, thats why I suggested it, not so much for the handling gain.
If you're doing a bit of hard cornering on a regular basis, then yes, the -1* would be better for tire wear. But for "normal" driving, with only an occasional exercise on "pulling some Gs", usually 0* camber gives the best tire wear....
Old 12-16-2011, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 506 Likes on 203 Posts

IDK how the roads are where you are but here in FL the crown can be steep, if they adjust the left or right toe, to the left .01-.03 degrees it should compensate for the road crown.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just an update. Here is the alignment I came out of the same shop with after lowering with the newly installed Koni Yellow Shocks and BMR Springs combined with Adjustable PHB and lower control arms with LCAs.

On a flat road the car drives dead straight. The girl spent over an hour on it and said she did the best she could given the suspension setup.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:42 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Driving style also determines a lot with your camber alignment. If you're going to drive the car aggressively, you'll probably have even tire wear with -1* of front camber, like me. But, if I drove the car like a Prius, then I would never push the tires on their edges so they would wear inside.

Zero degrees of front camber, in my opinion, is never a good idea. You WILL roll the tires onto the outside because that's what tires will do. If you don't experience any irregular wear with that camber setting then you're not taking any corners remotely close to a fun speed. haha

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still up in the air on alignment settings for my DD that's lowered. Everyone suggests a different camber setting.

Quick Reply: Can someone check my alignment? Issues...