Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

question for UMI?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question for UMI?

I'l looking to upgrade my rear suspension. Im wanting some adjustable lca's and a PHB. My question is would a rotojoint or poly bushing be better for me? My car is a daily driver but over the summer I frequent the track. I was leaning towards the roto joint because it allows some movement in the rear suspension. Would it be worth to pay the extra for the roto joints, and would single or double adjustable suit my application better?
Old 12-27-2011, 11:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by k_garretson23
I'l looking to upgrade my rear suspension. Im wanting some adjustable lca's and a PHB. My question is would a rotojoint or poly bushing be better for me? My car is a daily driver but over the summer I frequent the track. I was leaning towards the roto joint because it allows some movement in the rear suspension. Would it be worth to pay the extra for the roto joints, and would single or double adjustable suit my application better?
Hey k_g, thanks for the question.

Which track are you going to? Drag or road race?

Roto-Joints are an excellent way to get awesome suspension articulation with less harshness and less noise than rod ends. Poly is also a big upgrade from stock performance-wise but at the tradeoff of articulation and some potential squeaking. We of course recommend upgrading to the Roto-Joints whenever possible but also offer some components with one poly/one roto to save cost and complexity when that is necessary. Our trailing arms and PHB are way stronger than stock so even with poly bushings you'll notice a big improvement.

If you're doing any lowering you'll benefit from either a single adjustable or double adjustable PHB. The single is a bit less in cost and requires one bolt be removed and PHB lowered down to adjust. This is a great option if you're setting once and then driving for years. For customers who are always tuning, an on-car adjustable is more fun because it's just that, adjustable just by sliding under and turning the adjuster. No PHB dropping required. Quite honestly we sell a ton of double adjustable and customers love having that option to fine tune so easily.

Let me know your specifics and I can help you pick the exact models for your application.

Thanks for considering UMI.

ramey
Old 12-27-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I frequent the drag strip, I was definitly leaning towards the on car. Like I said I daily drive it to and do plan on upgrading to a 9" rear. I do not think I will lower it due to my drive way being very steep. If the roti joints are a substantial upgrade and well worth it I do not mind paying some more.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:26 PM
FormerVendor

For a drag racing application, Roto-Joints offer a super smooth suspension motion and allow the car to "work" very nicely. I feel they stay smooth much longer and with less maintenance than lubricating the face of poly bushings. Also, they seem to stay very consistent which is important if you're trying to nail a bracket time.

Let me know if you have any tech questions and if I can help you make a decision.

ramey

ps those wheels on your car make it look pretty awesome
Old 12-27-2011, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick responses, everyone says that about my wheels, yet I find myself wanting something different lol.

In terms of control arms, Im leaning towards these
http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=393
and for a phb
http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=355

Are these good choices for my application? I feel that double adjustable and dual roto joints may be a little over kill for a daily driver.

Last edited by k_garretson23; 12-27-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:47 PM
FormerVendor

The PHB is great and is one of our big sellers. The rod end is very accurate and can be replaced if it gets noisy.

The a-arm link needs modified so I can see it. I think it's a duplicate of the PHB...

You'll like the PHB for sure.

ramey
Old 12-27-2011, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Links fixed, I posted the wrong phb as well. Oops lol

Quick Reply: question for UMI?