Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque Arm Mount??

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Torque Arm Mount??

I am running low 10's in the 1/4 with mid to high 1.4 60' times and still have my torque arm mounted to the trans tail shaft and my question is should I go ahead and get a T/A relocation mount? My next question is will it help my suspension or just keep things from braking? I have a broke trans now and am getting it fixed so I don’t want the added cost but if it will help I may go ahead and get one.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:58 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 2camaros6702
I am running low 10's in the 1/4 with mid to high 1.4 60' times and still have my torque arm mounted to the trans tail shaft and my question is should I go ahead and get a T/A relocation mount? My next question is will it help my suspension or just keep things from braking? I have a broke trans now and am getting it fixed so I don’t want the added cost but if it will help I may go ahead and get one.
It is always going to be good thing when you get the torque arm off the torque arm off the tailshaft housing of the transmission. Not only will it keep you from breaking tailshaft housing but it will also allow to adjust the instant center of the car to help out launching the car. Give me a call and I will take care of you on it Greg.

Kyle

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:13 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2camaros6702
Torque arm relocation is good insurance and prevents the dreaded destroyed tailhousing.

Plus, it gets rid of the rubber biscuit and replaces it with poly. And as mentioned, you can raise your torque arm a bit to improve IC location. You have to be careful though as driveline angle (pinion angle) will start to creep closer to zero with a stock torque arm...

ramey
Old 01-23-2012, 08:37 AM
10 Second Club

I have an adjustable BMR TA on the car now.

Quick Reply: Torque Arm Mount??