Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Share BRAKEMOTIVE Long term use review...I want to know

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscibing.........

i just bought a set tooo.......

man those things look baked in those pics......
Old 02-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Launching!

They are very cheap for a full set of pads and rotors. Quality obviously can't be the best at that price. And with ceramic pads they shouldn't squeak so that says something.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is why I was hesitant to go with them. I decided to grab the DBA slotted rotors from MS.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

About a year. The car has been sitting through about a month of winter without being driven though, since I had to pull the tranny.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why would any of you waste money on drilled holes and slots -- just get some quality coated blanks and forget about stress cracks! I have never wasted the money on drilled/slotted rotors.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:55 AM
On The Tree

I find it hard to believe that the rear rotors did that. Since they do the least braking. Are you sure you didnt drive with the e-brake on? The wear looks bad too.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 3 pedal SS
I find it hard to believe that the rear rotors did that. Since they do the least braking. Are you sure you didnt drive with the e-brake on? The wear looks bad too.
Rears? Those are both the fronts.

EDIT: Looked over my post and realized I said rears the first time. Oops. Sorry, those are definitely the fronts. Rears aren't as bad.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so what did brakemotive say?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

interesting. I was thinking about these as well. I think I'll just stick with factory blanks. They get the job done and no squeeking ever!
Old 02-27-2012, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
so what did brakemotive say?
Not a word yet.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Ok, got word from BrakeMotive. But, more importantly...found out more I din't want to know about the previous owner.

I bought the car several months ago from someone named Justin Croom. He said when I bought the car that they brakes had 5k miles on them, he bought them from BrakeMotive on Ebay. The rotors were clean when I inspected the car before I bought it from him. They started showing stress cracks within a few weeks of my ownership (i.e. less then 1k miles).

Honestly though, I've been finding out more and more (specifically yesterday, when I opened up my rear diff and did a bit of back checking on the guy over the internet) that he is totally full of s!@#. He blew up the rear end the day before I bought the car and never mentioned it to me. I had agreed to buy the car a week before the day I actually bought it, when it was working perfect. And less then a week later he blew the diff doing who the hell knows what. So all I've got to go on right now is his word and that isn't exactly reassuring to me.

So the brakes might be 30k miles old. Or...something. I don't really know. But I don't think I can blame BrakeMotive given the other info I've found out about the guy.

I might be heading down to his area to go strangle him, though.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Azar_Hawke
Ok, got word from BrakeMotive. But, more importantly...found out more I din't want to know about the previous owner.

I bought the car several months ago from someone named Justin Croom. He said when I bought the car that they brakes had 5k miles on them, he bought them from BrakeMotive on Ebay. The rotors were clean when I inspected the car before I bought it from him. They started showing stress cracks within a few weeks of my ownership (i.e. less then 1k miles).

Honestly though, I've been finding out more and more (specifically yesterday, when I opened up my rear diff and did a bit of back checking on the guy over the internet) that he is totally full of s!@#. He blew up the rear end the day before I bought the car and never mentioned it to me. I had agreed to buy the car a week before the day I actually bought it, when it was working perfect. And less then a week later he blew the diff doing who the hell knows what. So all I've got to go on right now is his word and that isn't exactly reassuring to me.

So the brakes might be 30k miles old. Or...something. I don't really know. But I don't think I can blame BrakeMotive given the other info I've found out about the guy.

I might be heading down to his area to go strangle him, though.
I mean, come on now. You bought a used car. If everything checked out ok when you bought it, what exactly are you complaining about? That the original owner didn't have a crystal ball to foresee problems in the future?

If the rear end was and is fine when you bought it, what's the problem? If he blew it and and repaired it, so what? These rear ends grenade all the time.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

I know all about previous owner bullshit.. I bought an 80k mile LT1 formy for my brother... converted it to TA and shipped it to him... well, It had full bolt ons, upgraded fuel pump (trap door mod) and an aluminum intake elbow with a plug in the bottom... Hmmm??? I found all this stuff after I get it home... Come to find out, it had been cammed and sprayed for who knows how many miles.. Once my retarded, lead footed brother got behind the wheel, that cars days were numbered... It blew on him about a month later... During the teardown, the builder said it had been beat pretty bad and had been running lean... Oh well, used car but damn..... that was a douchebag seller...

My 99 WS6 was the same way.. I bought it from a guy on here "LOLO07". He flips Craigslist cars constantly... I bought a beat to **** fbody to say the least... (not a POS anymore though).... In the end, you never know what you get when you buy used.. even if that bitch has 5k miles on it, assume the owner did it in 1st gear at 7k rpm in a corn field... everybody is out to get you bro...
Old 02-28-2012, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

So what you're sayin is those brakes are old as hell that's why they look like that?
Old 02-28-2012, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

i run these brakes, no problems, they fit perfect, came packaged very nice as well

Azar_Hawke- do you have proof that the brakes you have are in fact this brand??
Old 02-28-2012, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Well, if they do indeed have 30k on them then you cant bitch about it... It would take me 3 years to put that on my car and I dont drive it very hard as far as brakes are concerned... Id say 30k miles driven by a douche bag should be a testament to their quality....lol
Old 02-28-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

got mine today......they were sitting on the front porch.

i need to go open them & take a peek......
Old 02-28-2012, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

post an upboxing pic...
Old 02-28-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

here yeah go......
Attached Thumbnails Share BRAKEMOTIVE Long term use review...I want to know-ls1-brakes-009.jpg   Share BRAKEMOTIVE Long term use review...I want to know-ls1-brakes-010.jpg   Share BRAKEMOTIVE Long term use review...I want to know-ls1-brakes-011.jpg   Share BRAKEMOTIVE Long term use review...I want to know-ls1-brakes-013.jpg  
Old 02-28-2012, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

do the rotors have any markings on them.. numbers or ???

Quick Reply: Share BRAKEMOTIVE Long term use review...I want to know