Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Reinstall ABS (Remove poorly done ABS delete)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reinstall ABS (Remove poorly done ABS delete)

Well, the previous owner of the vehicle "deleted" the ABS. By which I mean he simply hacked off all the wires as close to the wiring harness as he could. And left them all uncovered. (will add pics later). The brake bias valve he installed is pretty corroded.

I went to install some HIDs and I'm getting a short in there. And I figured that since I'm going to have to peel apart the wiring harness to figure out where that is, I might as well repair/reinstall the ABS system, as this is going to be a street car and I've always had ABS on my cars. I've also always had cars that had less than 3 liters displacement and less than 8 cylinders, so this is probably in my best interest.

Any idea how best to do this? I think i might just solder the wires back together and rewrap them and reconnect the brake lines.

Last edited by JeremyKrauss; 02-21-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Also, does anybody have a wiring diagram for this?
Old 02-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Launching!

I actually just deleted my abs so if you need a block and the lines (or even the connector) I have them for sale. I have not yet taken the wiring out but plan on it soon. Theres a bunch of wires so unless somebody has a diagram it will be hard to match up.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

I think I've got everything, it was sitting in the back of the car when it was delivered. I'm not sure exactly how it goes back in, but if I find that I'm missing some of that stuff, I'll be sure to PM you. Tons of wires dangling off the back of that thing, I know it's going to be fun
Old 02-22-2012, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Would it just be better for me to try to clean up the ABS delete and seal off each of those wires? are some of those wires grounds?

Or does somebody have a diagram for all of this? I tried Google but can't seem to find what I need I searched ABS Camaro diagram and I get crap for Daewoos.

Is the ABS in these cars going to do me any good, or would it be better to just learn to drive without it?
Old 02-22-2012, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You would probably be better off just getting rid of it. ABS is over rated if you know how to drive.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

That's what I've been told...I've got different things from different people. The FAQ's don't mention ABS in any way, about whether it's good or bad or what.

I live in Arizona, so the only time I think I'd have to worry about it would be when it rains, and it doesn't rain often.

Quick Reply: Reinstall ABS (Remove poorly done ABS delete)