Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Tires scrubbling/worn out shocks - Recomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 06:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires scrubbling/worn out shocks - Recomendations?

I think my shocks are just worn out. The car has 120K miles and the original shocks. I removed my bump stops when I put 17x11s and 315/35R17s on the car. Originally I had no issues but recently, dips/bumps/bridges/etc at higher speeds (55+ MPH) the tires contact the inner lip of the quarter panels. It happens more on the passenger side than the driver side but it does it on both.

I've checked all the bolts and nothing is loose. Aside from adjusting which hole my LCAs are installed in the relocation brackets, I think it's time to get shocks. Unless anyone can recommend something else I should check.

Can anyone make a recommendation on rear shocks? I don't really care about stiff ride quality. The car is street driven but drag race set-up is my desire.

I've looked at KYB AGX Adjustable and Koni Adjustable shocks from sponsors but I'm open to any suggestions.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

I believe most people would prefer the koni's over the kyb's, but I've got a set of rear shocks I could give to you pretty cheaply if you would like to try them and see. I'm switching out shocks tomorrow. Where in Georgia are you located? I'm in Savannah.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

I'm in Brunswick. I'll send you a PM with my number. Shoot me a text

Quick Reply: Tires scrubbling/worn out shocks - Recomendations?