Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR/Koni Package Sale LOWEST PRICE EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People of the TECH and of this thread. You got a unheard of deal, lets keep that in mind. also I know other places that sell springs/shocks that have a 3 to 6 month wait, so in the end I think we all made out just fine.

Off topic a little, but you can't even get wheels from some places do to all the summer sells. OEWHEELS and a few other places are 2 to 3 month out.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:02 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Koni Order Update

I would like to update everyone on the latest news that we’ve received from Koni. As you may have seen, we've posted shipping dates in the past that we have not been able to fulfill. These dates were from the information we received during our correspondence with our Koni rep, because we order and deal with Koni directly.

Unfortunately, the shipping dates and quantities we were told were far from accurate. We placed two large orders during the Koni sale - excluding our initial order. One was placed on May 1st, the second was placed on May 28th and entered into Koni’s system on June 4th. The last order we placed came in the heat of orders with Koni as the sale was coming to a close. They had so many orders to enter it took them five business days to finally punch it in. As a result, we were thrown into the mix with everyone else and entered in the order received.

The order we placed on May 1st was supposed to be shipped to us in full on May 29th. This did not happen. Instead, a partial order consisting of mostly front shocks and 10 pair of F4 rears was sent to us last week on the 12th – missing the claimed ship date we were telling our customers. There were no F3 rear shocks included on this order. Meanwhile, we were told on an almost daily basis "they're shipping...they're shipping...they're out the door."

After this blunder occurred, I got with my shipping manager to put pressure on Koni to tell us ACTUAL shipping times, rather than mislead us and our customers with inaccurate shipping times. After a few days without hearing anything back, our Koni rep finally got back with us. The dates you see below are when we are expected to receive pieces of our orders. We will be receiving our order staggered as they are pumped out.

Koni Orders
F4 Front
First order placed May 1st – arriving in mid-late September.
Second order – shortly after the first batch.

F4 Rears
First order placed May 1st – arriving late July.
Second order – ships shortly after the first batch. The entire order batch may ship together.

F3 Rears
First order placed May 1st – arriving mid-late September
Second order – shortly after the first batch.

After receiving this news, my heart dropped. I can’t help but be mad this information was withheld from us until yesterday. I would like to apologize to all of you on behalf of BMR for the misinformation that we have posted, but we’re only able to relay what we were told.

Before making a post on LS1tech, I wanted to try and take some action. Today I called up the top marketing guy of Koni North America to see if there was anything that we could do. He looked up the amounts that we ordered and I told him that we had numerous customers waiting who we’ve been misleading because of the bad information they have been providing us. He flat out admitted to their own confusion within the company and that this sale simply overwhelmed them – leading to inaccurate shipping expectations and delayed order times. Apparently, Koni runs this sale and then SHUT THEIR DOORS from mid July to mid August. This “Summer Shutdown” is popular in Europe, where the shocks are manufactured and ship from on a boat. He was very helpful and apologetic, but wanted me to remember this was a company-wide sale...not just an F-body shock sale, so they recieved several thousand orders.

I was able to get four sets of F4/F4s pulled from another order and they will be mailed to us on Monday. It’s better than nothing, and the gesture was appreciated, but it still leaves a lot of orders open and still no F3 rears.

The good news is that we do not charge our customers until the products ship. So that means this money hasn’t been taken off your card. You’re still locked in for the sale price, and you’re still receiving free springs – which are still on schedule to be shipped out first week of July.

Once again, I am very sorry. But the quality and performance is worth the wait, and I'm sure you'll be happy if you choose to.

Thank you for reading and your patience. We appreciate your support,
Kevin

If you have any questions of concerns about your particular order, please email me at Kevin@bmrsuspension.com. I would appreciate it if you didn’t PM about it because I can keep track of emails and who’ve I’ve responded to much easier.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Luckily, I ordered mine before and just got them Monday. Can't wait to put these on! Could you PM me on some starting points for the shocks? It's a daily driver.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Received mine on tuesday. Can't wait until I can install these shocks/struts. Thanks again for the great deal.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

looks like its gonna be a while til I get mine.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Can I still buy this

....worth a shot
Old 06-25-2012, 04:20 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Thank you for being understanding about this situation, gang.

Originally Posted by idle
Can I still buy this

....worth a shot
Haha, it is worth a shot, but it is no longer being offered. The sale ended on May 29th.
- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

Time for the CEO of Koni to go UNDERCOVER lol, I love that show haha. We need more answers and what the worker are really doing over there in the koni factory LMAO

Thanks for all the info Kev!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Oops I started a thread on this by mistake. I read the last five pages of threads but somehow missed this on the first lol....i know i fail at reading. So that clears up the shocks not being in...But I was charged for the springs so they could ship while I waited for the konis. No springs were recieved and I ordered on the 22nd of last month?
Old 06-28-2012, 04:19 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by JesseWS6
Oops I started a thread on this by mistake. I read the last five pages of threads but somehow missed this on the first lol....i know i fail at reading. So that clears up the shocks not being in...But I was charged for the springs so they could ship while I waited for the konis. No springs were recieved and I ordered on the 22nd of last month?
We mistakenly charged you when we did for the springs, so I'm sorry about that. You will be sent your springs next week when they arrive to our delivery door. The remaining amount of your bill will be charged when the shocks arrive, you will not be overcharged the total you were invoiced for. If you have any questions about your order, please PM me with your information and I'll look into it for you.

Thank you for your patience,
Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

recieved my springs awhile back, if i'm right i should be recieving my f4/f4combo koni shocks in about a month from now, right?

Last edited by mondols1; 08-14-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Seeing this bumped up reminded me I saw my springs still sitting in the basement this afternoon...

Last edited by mac62989; 08-14-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mac62989
Seeing this bumped up reminded me I saw my still sitting in the basement this afternoon...
where in shelton do you live? ill be back up that way next year
Old 08-14-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DarkJuggalo
where in shelton do you live? ill be back up that way next year
On the trumbull/monroe line. The part of shelton that is the farthest from ansonia lol.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mac62989
On the trumbull/monroe line. The part of shelton that is the farthest from ansonia lol.
thats not bad, cruising the merrit is always fun. maybe when i get back up there some car shows will be going on i really miss home
Old 08-15-2012, 08:57 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by mondols1
recieved my springs awhile back, if i'm right i should be recieving my f4/f4combo koni shocks in about a month from now, right?
Until Koni tells us anything different, I am going to stick to what they said to us. We SHOULD have shocks for customers next month.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DarkJuggalo
thats not bad, cruising the merrit is always fun. maybe when i get back up there some car shows will be going on i really miss home
I drove the merit everyday for school. As long as your missed rush hour it was nice. No better view around here. You away for school or Uncle Sam?
Old 08-15-2012, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

You guys are in for a treat once you get all your stuff. Just finished the install this past weekend after they were sitting in my room for a couple months. The difference is night and day. I enjoy driving the ws6 much more now.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:01 PM
TECH Resident

Like a little kid waiting for Christmas, I look to see if anything has changed lol

again, just happy to get in on this deal at the time
Old 08-27-2012, 06:55 PM
TECH Junkie

I just noticed how bad my wheel gap is when I drove into the garage!

Quick Reply: BMR/Koni Package Sale LOWEST PRICE EVER!