Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering springs

Do lowering springs help with launching? What springs would be best for my 05 goat?
Old 03-06-2012, 03:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Different cars react differently to lowering springs. But for your Goat, yes, you'll benifit from lowering it. When you launch, and your car is lowered "properly," then your car will tend to "bite" a bit more. Now as for what spring to use, Sam Strano may have something for ya. And for about $260, itll really make your Goat look tough..
Old 03-06-2012, 04:29 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Ah yes, the age old question. haha Well yes and no. Yes, because you can run a spring rate that will be beneficial to launching your GTO out of the hole. No, because you're altering your center of gravity making it more difficult to transfer weight.

So there is your argument above, but on a GTO the answer is a resounding YES. The factory GTO springs are extremely soft. I cannot remember their exact rate, but I want to say the fronts were like 140lbs/in. (Being a legitimate strut car, that rate isn't too abnormal).

Anyway, the cars are plagued by wheel hop and lowering springs increase spring rate and so do drag bags. Both options help with the wheel hop issue, but the biggest problem on the cars are the bushings.

We are currently expanding our GTO products and I'm hoping we will have another spring out on the market soon. As of now, we can offer you drag bags that will help your GTO launch without impacting your car's ride around town.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: lowering springs