Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lakewood Traction Action Bars

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lakewood Traction Action Bars

Has anyone ben to the Drag/Street with the Lakewood Traction Action Bars and have had any luck with these and or any clearance issues with these. Jegs sells the Traction Bars for 93-02 Camaro/trans-am. Im having some issues with the car launching at the strip even with mt drag radials the car does good on the strret but im not to fond of street racing and really thats the only time my car will show its potential. Also i want the car to be street drivin with no safety issues. Any help would be great.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

I would recommend a good set of control arms and control arm relocation brackets over those traction bars. They work virtually the same way but the control arms and brackets would have a much stronger foundation. We can set you up with a set of control arms and bolt in relocation brackets for $194.00. The relocation brackets lower the rear of the control arm working as a anti-squat bracket forcing the rear tires into the ground.

I posted two links.. please take a look. If you need me to explain better please ask and I will be glad to help.

www.umiperformance.com/2015

www.umiperformance.com/2012

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 04-02-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 118 Posts

Do a search and you'll find a lot of negative comments about the Lakewood bars.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:21 AM
TECH Regular

I wouldn't buy them as they don't seem to hold up for long but there have been a number of people who gotten them and up till they break they said they worked great.I don't know what the end result was but one guy ran them and did away with the torque arm and was quite happy with them.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:50 AM
11 Second Club

I ran the lakewood bars several years , held up well, ran low 1.7x, changed to adjustable LCA, will sell at 1/3 price shipped, PM for more info, I do not have camera, may borrow one for latter, bars and turn buckels need to be cleaned up and painted,

NOTE: I used the rear mount bracket on another app.>>buyer would need to fab brackets or contact Lakwood for new brackets, look at bracket @
http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/LAK21700.htm

Johnny

Last edited by SS SLP2; 04-03-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

thanks guys i think im gona purchase the deal from umi just gota get payed again lol.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kent seay
thanks guys i think im gona purchase the deal from umi just gota get payed again lol.
Sounds great! Let us know when you are ready.

Thanks again!
Ryan
Old 03-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Default Lakewood action traction bars .... SUCK!

I know this comment is 3 years after the last post, but buyer beware!..they SUCK SWEATY MONKEY B@!!s

Bought them last year, lasted maybe 3 months, both brackets were trashed! 1-cracked the passenger side total melt down, broken in 2 places.

See if you get any customer satisfaction....HA!

Contacted Prestolite Performance and here's the response..they claim it was do to installation...excuse me!...this was a bolt on!

"The decision that I have been given: Prestolite Performance, which includes ACCEL, Hays, Jacobs, Lakewood, Mallory and Mr. Gasket product lines, warrants its products only to the original purchaser at retail to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 90 days from the date of original retail purchase. They have determined by your pictures that in this case is not from a defective part or matierials, but from installation. This has been the first claim in 10 years, we have not changed suppliers or matierials since then. Thank you."

Here's a couple of pics of the trashed brackets....DON'T BUY THEM!
Attached Thumbnails Lakewood Traction Action Bars-driver-side-pic-1.jpg   Lakewood Traction Action Bars-p1010131.jpg  
Old 03-06-2012, 06:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 118 Posts

I saw these at the Lakewood booth a 'Super Summit' in Tallmadge Ohio many years ago. I was looking for some traction 'enhancers'. The design 'principle' is good,but attachment to rearend,adjustability,and strength/thickness of bracketry left a lot to be desired. I bought BMR bolt-in LCA relocation brackets.

here's some experimenting I did
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...n-extreme.html

Quick Reply: Lakewood Traction Action Bars