Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

poly bushings vs poly parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default poly bushings vs poly parts?

Is there a difference from using poly bushings in stock part vs buying performance one with them already installed? Is it all looks or actually perform better?
Old 03-16-2012, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Poly makes things tighter. Some people do not like them, say they are bad. I've had mine about 2 years and if I had the chance to do it again....I would for sure.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I'm meaning like u can buy the poly bushings them self for cheaper then buying a performance part with poly already installed, is the performance part actually made better or is it only performance cause poly bushing is already in it and they painted it red lol?
Old 03-17-2012, 09:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sheaadams86
Well I'm meaning like u can buy the poly bushings them self for cheaper then buying a performance part with poly already installed, is the performance part actually made better or is it only performance cause poly bushing is already in it and they painted it red lol?
Depends on the part.
In suspension pieces that need to articulate like control arms, many don't like poly bushings because they bind, causing unpredictable handling and bad ride. If you only drive your car strait you may not notice as much.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Depends on the part.
In suspension pieces that need to articulate like control arms, many don't like poly bushings because they bind, causing unpredictable handling and bad ride. If you only drive your car strait you may not notice as much.
My car handles great and I love the ride. Do you even have any clue as to what you are talking about? It is actually better on truns than when it was New. Then maybe that is because I know how to drive. lol
Old 03-17-2012, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1121
My car handles great and I love the ride. Do you even have any clue as to what you are talking about? It is actually better on truns than when it was New. Then maybe that is because I know how to drive. lol
Im happy you like it but poly sucks for ride and handling compared to rubbber, period. Take a look at what the guys that are doing competitive handling events are doing, you won't see any poly bushings...
We've gone over this before.

Quick Reply: poly bushings vs poly parts?