Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Springs question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springs question

Here's the situation.. i got a 00 TA, the car was lowered 2 inches from the guy i bought it off of. and now i got to raise it back up to stock height because i'm putting on LTs and TD in a few weeks and i need the clearance. anyways, is the front springs really as big as a pain in the *** as what chilton repair manual says it is? do i really have to disconnect the stabilizer bar from the LCA and from the steering knuckle, ball joints, etc...?
Old 03-18-2012, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Karl101
Here's the situation.. i got a 00 TA, the car was lowered 2 inches from the guy i bought it off of. and now i got to raise it back up to stock height because i'm putting on LTs and TD in a few weeks and i need the clearance. anyways, is the front springs really as big as a pain in the *** as what chilton repair manual says it is? do i really have to disconnect the stabilizer bar from the LCA and from the steering knuckle, ball joints, etc...?
Yes to the sway bar, no to the steering knuckle and ball joints. There is a very good writeup on ls1howto.com