Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wilwood rears with LS1 fronts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wilwood rears with LS1 fronts?

I am running LS1 brakes on my 94. With SS lines and Hawk pads. And I was starting to have issues with my rear brakes. And the whole system is shot. Each caliper has a pin rusted and stuck in the braket. And new calipers pads and rotors and SS lines will run almost as much as the Wilwood 4 piston setup.

So question is will running wilwood rear with the LS1 fronts hurt me?

I got the LS1's with the plan of doing the wilwood front and rear setup. But wasn't planing to do so till this fall. And don't have the spare cash for fronts. Till after my wedding in july.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The biggest concern will be brake proportioning. The Wilwood brakes will provide considerably more braking power than the stock ones potentially causing issues. Are You keeping the factory ABS intact? If not then having either an adjustable proportioning valve or the correct fixed valve for Your application will likely get You going.

Carl
Old 03-28-2012, 12:32 PM
TECH Junkie

You dont want too much braking power in the back. It causes brake hop on hard stops.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

Sweet! I have an ABS delete kit W/ proprtioning valve in the garage waiting to go on.ill go ahead and get that installed. And get the brakes odered. Car is sittiing in driveway begging to be driven. Did whole bunch of suspension upgrades over winter and can't enjoy them

I've read people having problems getting parking brake to work. But haven't found a fix for the cables hook up. What is the fix?
Old 03-28-2012, 12:42 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MeanTA
Sweet! I have an ABS delete kit W/ proprtioning valve in the garage waiting to go on.ill go ahead and get that installed. And get the brakes odered. Car is sittiing in driveway begging to be driven. Did whole bunch of suspension upgrades over winter and can't enjoy them

I've read people having problems getting parking brake to work. But haven't found a fix for the cables hook up. What is the fix?
I will need to contact Wilwood to get this question answered. They definitely will have a solution. This may take a while because they are severely understaffed. Hope to provide an answer to Your question today.

Carl
Old 03-28-2012, 01:12 PM
FormerVendor

Here is a link to the rear brake kits I presume You have heard people having problems hooking up the park brake cable...

http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Bra...odeloption=All Disc Brake Rear.

if indeed these are the kits in question notice there is a Wilwood park brake cable listed as well, part #330-9371 $119.00. This is the solution to parking brake cable issues for this brake kit.

Hope this helps,
Carl

Quick Reply: Wilwood rears with LS1 fronts?