Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

looking to.purchase SFC and LCA

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking to.purchase SFC and LCA

Ive been doin a ton of reading. Im planning on doin my suspension soon on my 98/T56. Vehicle will remain stock height,with no intentions of lowering,never will see autocross. It clocks about 2-4000mi annually. No strip use,but lots of street action. Has an adjustable torque arm from previous owner and is in upper 300s on HP. 18x10.5s in rear

Plans: Buy weld in 2 point SFC ,boxed prefered but tube is fine
Buy Tube non adjustable LCA (chime in here)
New shocks (brand rec?)
Possibly new springs, even though I think mine are fine.

I would to order the SFC/LCA today, does any of our sponsors stock them for immediate shipping?
Old 03-30-2012, 10:37 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

We have these parts in stock and ready to ship. Give me a call here at the shop and I will see what I can do on pricing for these parts for you.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Excellent, headed to website to check out products.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cant go wrong with UMI or BMR, I personally have all umi components in my suspension and have no complaints whatsoever.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Buy weld in 2 point SFC ,boxed prefered but tube is fine
Consider getting 3-points. 2-points will keep your car straight but body roll can still be noticed.

Buy Tube non adjustable LCA (chime in here)
Poly bushings will be ok since you're not lowering your car, so long as you use a good grease. I think BMR has a rubber bushing option with their LCAs. Consider that for a more stock feel.

New shocks (brand rec?)
Possibly new springs, even though I think mine are fine.

You can be here all day asking about these. I don't know anyone off the top of my head that makes aftermarket stock height springs (QA1 maybe?). Shocks, I would say Bilsteins.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Installed SFC and LCA (weld in 2 point boxed & non adj poly/poly) today and all I can say is wow! Car is definitely more ridged, I noticed from the moment I pulled out the the shops parking lot. Ordered on Friday,late and parts was at my door Wed,even came with a tube of grease! Anybody on the fence about installing SFC..DO IT.

I also swapped out the rubber Trans mount for a ES, grinded humps and toss preload plate, had to shim crossmemember with a single washer on each bolt to get Trans perfect and coupled with the SFC,my shifts feels positive on my T56.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:14 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 2muchspl
Installed SFC and LCA (weld in 2 point boxed & non adj poly/poly) today and all I can say is wow! Car is definitely more ridged, I noticed from the moment I pulled out the the shops parking lot. Ordered on Friday,late and parts was at my door Wed,even came with a tube of grease! Anybody on the fence about installing SFC..DO IT.

I also swapped out the rubber Trans mount for a ES, grinded humps and toss preload plate, had to shim crossmemember with a single washer on each bolt to get Trans perfect and coupled with the SFC,my shifts feels positive on my T56.
Glad we could get you helped out and we appreciate your business. If there is anything else we can help you out with in the future let us know.

Kyle

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: looking to.purchase SFC and LCA