Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI torque arm / PHB questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMI torque arm / PHB questions...

Getting ready to order an adjustable PHB and a torque arm/crossmember setup to get that damn thing off the back of my trans. LOL

Anybody run the poly/roto PHB or should I stick with poly/poly? I definitely want double (on-car) adjustable.

Also, I have American Racing headers and their catted Y with a magnaflow catback. Does anybody know if the #2201 will work with this setup or do I need the #2203? They say the 2201 only fits stock exhaust or Kooks LT's/Y but the ARH headers also tuck up really well. I'd prefer the 2201 since my car is lowered and it'd give a little more ground clearance...
Old 04-05-2012, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i run the poly/poly and my car feels very rigid. plus with the poly you wont hear clanking
Old 04-05-2012, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

I also remembered I have weld-in 3 point SFC's so that will drop the brace down an additional 1/8" to 1/4"...
Old 04-05-2012, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

After doing some research here it looks like most guys are not fond of the shorter torque arms for a street car, so it looks like I'll be ordering a TA relocation trans crossmember and adjustable torque arm. Plus a poly/poly PHB. Too bad this setup costs so much more...

Now I need a driveshaft loop, looks like the midwest one is the best bet.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rickenbackerman
After doing some research here it looks like most guys are not fond of the shorter torque arms for a street car, so it looks like I'll be ordering a TA relocation trans crossmember and adjustable torque arm. Plus a poly/poly PHB. Too bad this setup costs so much more...

Now I need a driveshaft loop, looks like the midwest one is the best bet.
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for considering UMI.

The tunnel mounted T/A can be heard working in the car by the nature of its mounting location. It all depends on what you consider acceptable.

Our 2205 and equivalent crossmember is nice and quiet and works well on the street and mild strip plus road racing, auto-x, etc.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

ramey

Quick Reply: UMI torque arm / PHB questions...