Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension questions with a v8 swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension questions with a v8 swap

Okay heres the deal. I have a 95 Camaro with a 3.4l V6. The car will be getting a 6.0 LQ4 in the not too distant future so I've been swapping a bunch of things in preparation to the swap and now I've come to the shocks/springs.
Since I'm about to swap out the rear(open/drums) for one I just pulled from a 00 Z28 I was thinking of doing the springs/shocks while I'm at it. I was looking into Eibach's Prokit

1. Should I get the prokit rated for an LS1 or LT1? (I was leaning towards the LT1 since the LQ4 is a iron block)

2. I have no idea if the V6 shocks that are on the car now are still good or not but I also have good V8 shocks from that same 00 Z28. If I was too swap the good V8 shocks and use the Prokit springs would that drop the car any? I know it wouldn't drop the advertised 1"-1.5" with the V6 still in it but would it drop any?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before you buy anything please do a little more research. The Eibach springs are pretty horrid, as are the stock DeCarbon shocks that come on V8 cars.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm aware of the poor quality of the stock V8 shocks and was planning to switch them out abit later when more money freed up (Probably Bilsteins)
I've read mixed opinions on the Eibachs. Some love them, some hate them. I'll continue to look into other brands aswell since I'm not sold on anything in particular but I just liked the stance I've seen of them in other members pics.