Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stanos and TSP catted Y?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 02:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stanos and TSP catted Y?

Whats up guys. Just curious as to whether or not anyone on here is lowered on stanos and running a TSP catted Y. What does your ground clearance look like? I've read a few threads about poor ground clearance with the Y, even on stock height cars. However, I know that since this Y pipe comes in several pieces, alot of people put it together poorly.

Any input would be appreciated. I have konis/stranos as well as my full exhaust sitting for me at home. Going to be throwing everything on as soon as I get home from afghan.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My cats on the kooks y-pipe are the lowest point for me. You will be fine, only issue I have is speed bumps but it is minor. My cats are now flat onto the bottom but still in good shape internally.

Just do it and don't worry about it, its well worth the ride. I went from pro-kit & monroe sensatracs to stranos and koni.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the TSP catted y, and koni/strano suspension. I managed to tuck it up pretty well, but it kept banging against my floorpan. clearance was not too bad. I scraped the cats a few times, but it is mainly my tunnel brace that scrapes. The scrapes on the cats arent bad at all.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, good news. I appreciate the info fella's

Quick Reply: Stanos and TSP catted Y?