Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Adjustable Rear Sway Bar Installation Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 05:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Strano Adjustable Rear Sway Bar Installation Questions

I am installing my Strano Spec. Hellwig adjustable rear sway bar and I have a few questions. Normally I would call Sam for his expertise on setting up his parts, but he is going to be out racing when I am available to contact him . I am trying to slowly put together my firehawk and set it up for taking some serious corners

There are 3 holes in the sway bar on each end. What hole should I place the end links into?

What should I expect from the other holes when it comes time to tune the suspension?

Now concerning the adjustable end links...How do I set these up? It seems like adjusting these may be difficult.

What should I expect if I raise and lower the length of these while tuning the suspension?

What angle should the sway bar be sitting once installed? Level?

Are there any other suggestions for a guy installing an adjustable sway bar?

Thank you

Rear Suspension Mods being installed currently:

UMI Adjustable "full length" Torque Arm
Custom built Transmission cross member w/torque arm relocation
UMI Double Adjustable LCA's Roto/Roto
UMI Double Adjustable PHB Roto/Roto
Strano Springs
Strano Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
Energy Suspension Bump Stops
Koni 3rd Gen Adjustable Sport Shocks
Old 05-24-2012, 06:18 AM
FormerVendor

Nice parts list. Thanks for including UMI.

From a general standpoint, I'd choose the longest hole for your trial run (softest bar setting, less oversteer potential). End link length not so critical from a performance standpoint, just adjust so arms are similar angle to the factory bar. Perform final adjustment with suspension loaded so there is no preload on bar. If you go drag racing and want more of an anti-roll bar effect move to the shortest hole, check launch, adjust preload.

Cliffs Notes version. Owners of that exact bar may have better tips. Or Sam may as well.

Ramey
Old 05-24-2012, 06:18 AM
11 Second Club

furthest hole towards front of car is the softest setting. Hole towards rear is most stiff (drag racing).

Pre-load instructions should be included in the instruction booklet.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have this sway bar as well. Start with the end links the same length, the only time you will notice a change in performance while adjusting these is if you add pre-load to one side or the other. This is simply done by making one longer or shorter than the other.

Sam suggested to me when I bought mine is to make the links as short as possible, but yet not too short that parts start to interfere with each other. The position of the bar is approximately the same as stock or about level.

Quick Reply: Strano Adjustable Rear Sway Bar Installation Questions