Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple questions about my set up

What I have: (1998 Trans-Am LS1)
UMI LCA's and Panhard rod both non adjustable

What I have the opportunity to get:
BMR Lowering springs

Questions:
A-Will lowering springs (1.25 in. drop) work with my NON-ADJUSTABLE LCA's and Panhard rod?

B-I was advised that relocating the LCA's would increase their improvement significantly. Is this true? What's the best way to do that?

Just looking for additional advice and trusting the majority.

Last edited by blackbird98; 06-03-2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: forgotten detail
Old 06-03-2012, 10:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for choosing UMI.

Non-adjustable LCA's work great with your setup and also with lowering springs.

A non-adjustable PHB works fine but the rear will be shifted off center a bit. That's why we usually use adjustable on lowered vehicles.

Relocation brackets simply change the angle and work even with factory LCA's. They will help forward traction when set on the lowest hole and/or restore factory angles when set on the higher hole.

If the LCA's end up higher toward the rear without relocation, traction can deteriorate and wheel hop can appear.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Okay, so I will definitely be relocating the lca's. What problems will I have with the rear being shifted off center and how can I fix it (other than ordering ANOTHER phb)?
Old 06-04-2012, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 197 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbird98
Okay, so I will definitely be relocating the lca's. What problems will I have with the rear being shifted off center and how can I fix it (other than ordering ANOTHER phb)?
If you have stock width wheels you likely won't have any negative effects other than being aesthetically unpleasing. Most stock heights cars have off center rears, mine was off by a 1/2".

Short of buying a new PHB, you'd have to cut the PHB and weld it back together.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lees02WS6
If you have stock width wheels you likely won't have any negative effects other than being aesthetically unpleasing. Most stock heights cars have off center rears, mine was off by a 1/2".

Short of buying a new PHB, you'd have to cut the PHB and weld it back together.
My wheels are maybe an inch wider than the ones that came on it, but they are off of a WS-6 so there shouldn't be much difference. Is this going to be obviously physically noticeable?
Old 06-04-2012, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 197 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbird98
My wheels are maybe an inch wider than the ones that came on it, but they are off of a WS-6 so there shouldn't be much difference. Is this going to be obviously physically noticeable?
You had 16x8's and now have the 17x9's? It's hard to say how noticeable it'll be, there's variance from one f-body to another. Mine was off 1/2" at stock ride height, it was noticeable. I initially lowered on strano's, but had an adjustable PHB. Had I lowered without the PHB it would have been really ugly.

The $64,000 question is how far off set is your rear end, and is it off to the passenger side?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lees02WS6
You had 16x8's and now have the 17x9's? It's hard to say how noticeable it'll be, there's variance from one f-body to another. Mine was off 1/2" at stock ride height, it was noticeable. I initially lowered on strano's, but had an adjustable PHB. Had I lowered without the PHB it would have been really ugly.

The $64,000 question is how far off set is your rear end, and is it off to the passenger side?
Correct, 17x9's. At stock ride height with non-adj lcas and phb, I don't think it's off set at all. Haven't put a tape on it but it appears straight.

Quick Reply: Couple questions about my set up