Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR lowering springs.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 08:49 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Cole Train can you post before/after pic of how you car sat with the eibachs and how it sits with the BMR springs? I think I talked to you on the phone the other day, or someone having the same issue with the same springs
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope wasn't me but i did just order a Cyber Monday deal on a crossmember for a 4L80 conversion on my car and had a few questions via email. I will post pics. The eibachs sit nicely but when i hit a bump they bottom out. I'm running 315's on Billet Specialties w/ rolled fenders and it sucks hitting bumps with the Eibachs. I'm guessing the fronts won't be much different but i suspect i will notice a huge difference in the rear due to the sagging crap Eibachs. I would be perfectly fine if the car even sat marginally higher if it meant not bottoming out the rear on bumps. I will post pics for you when i get them in. If you look in my sig you can actually see the rears sit slightly lower than the front... it's annoying. The car currently has a BMR strut brace, BMR relocation brackets, subframe connectors, will have BMR crossmember and BMR panhard bar. I'm also looking at a BMR torque arm from a local guy. The only thing NOT BMR are my LCA's but the previous owner threw them in with the car and they are Spohn adjustables. Now i'll have BMR springs. You could say i like my BMR stuff

Last edited by Cole Train; 12-09-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe it was me you were speaking with. I pulled the trigger on the koni's but not the springs. I want to see the difference with the koni's in and I'm going to swap the rear springs to see if its a sag issue before I purchase new springs. I'm likely going to do springs anyways and should have just purchased them at 15% off when I could. Is that your last sale of the year or when would your next sale come around? I like the stiffer springs conpared to the eibach ones I have now. Hope the car would be slightly higher also.

Cole.... I will be looking forward to your before and after pics...mainly after as I'm on the eibach springs now which came with the car.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:55 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

sometime around the end of the year may be another good time to buy them
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:48 AM

Will be keeping a look out!
Old 12-11-2013, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is just BMR springs and Koni shocks

Name:  1020121806.jpg
Views: 1911
Size:  170.9 KB

I am now on the koni lower perch and the HH mod in the rear. For wheel well measurements:

Front:
Ground to top of wheel well 26"
Ground to front rocker 5.25"

Rear:
Ground to top of wheel well 26.5"
Ground to front rocker 5.5"

The bottom of my stock K member is about 3" off the ground. Here's a couple pics. These pictures and measurements are from when I first took it off the lift.

It has settled since and I have maybe a one finger gap in the front and 1-1.5 in the rear. I can take some pics if needbe. It's pretty low. But it looks nasty since it is so wide. My sig shows how it sits now but it's kind of hard to see.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

^^^that looks great!! Anybody got a pic of the BMR springs install in a car with a iron motor (6.0) for example? Wondering how it sets in the front due to extra weight.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Baconz28
^^^that looks great!! Anybody got a pic of the BMR springs install in a car with a iron motor (6.0) for example? Wondering how it sets in the front due to extra weight.
Same thing im wondering..
Old 12-22-2013, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Baconz28
It's an LT1, but it's an iron motor.
BMR springs w/ Bilstein shocks, replacing 110k saggy stock stuff.

Before:
Name:  IMG_2600_zpsbb76791b.jpg
Views: 1933
Size:  119.5 KB

After:
Name:  IMG_2640_zps0f20d67a.jpg
Views: 2000
Size:  106.2 KB
Old 12-26-2013, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's some recent pictures of mine with everything settled

Then here's a close up of the front and rear. Front first.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Update. The i've only done the rear springs so far as they were the easiest to do. The BMR sit about 1/4-1/2" higher than the Eibachs that were in it but that is likely due to the sagging of the Eicrap. When i pulled them out and pushed them down they compressed far easier and further than the BMR's did. I expected this as my Eibachs were bad. They bottomed out and hit when you went over bigger bumps and just felt too soft. I haven't had the BMR's out yet but i suspect they'll ride a little more rough but i can't say for sure.

Eibachs(sagging) notice the rears

Name:  IMG_20140102_145144_298_zpsxrjeabq5.jpg
Views: 1947
Size:  88.8 KB

BMR rears. They sit a little higher but i'm fine with that as long as they don't hit when going over bumps

Name:  IMG_20140305_131747_831_zpsziafiay0.jpg
Views: 2047
Size:  113.9 KB
Old 03-07-2014, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

I've got the same issue Cole... Sagging prokit... plan on taking advantage of some new shocks with 50% off springs from BMR most likely before its over to replace some crappy KYB's and Eibach's...Should have done it right the first time
Old 03-08-2014, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

The front Eibachs aren't supposed to have the same issue the rears do so i haven't bought the fronts yet. Plus i HATE dealing with compressing the springs to get them off the struts. That **** makes me nervous because if they come off the clamps they could kill i actually wrap my spring in a rug as i compress the spring just in case it takes off but even then i'm nervous as hell
Old 03-08-2014, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

The front Eibachs aren't supposed to have the same issue the rears do so i haven't bought the fronts yet. Plus i HATE dealing with compressing the springs to get them off the struts. That **** makes me nervous because if they come off the clamps they could kill i actually wrap my spring in a rug as i compress the spring just in case it takes off but even then i'm nervous as hell
Curious as I though about doing the exact same thing. I too cannot stand the thought of taking apart the front shocks\springs right now either. How is the ride with the mismatched combo for now? My problem is the rear feels awful.. Any input is greatly appreciated!
Old 03-08-2014, 01:40 PM
TECH Addict

i haven't had it out yet since the roads are solid slop and salt
Old 03-08-2014, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

ok cool... Ill be watching for an update once roads dry up if you don't mind!
Old 03-08-2014, 03:50 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

That looks good...
Old 03-09-2014, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Does anybody who went with the BMR springs suggest going with the Lowering Spring Package, which includes the Adjustable Panhard Rod and the Control Arm Relocation Brackets? I know I'm going with the BMR springs for my 2000 SS, but saw this package offered on their site. Thanks for any help!

From their site -

Adjustable Panhard Rod - Since the F-Body chassis is equipped with a panhard rod to locate the rear end in the chassis, altering ride height can shift the rearend to the drivers' side up to 3/8". This not only effects alignment but can create tire clearance issues as well. To properly re-center the rearend, an adjustable panhard rod is necessary. Equipped with grease fluted high durometer polyurethane bushings.

Control Arm Relocation Brackets - Lowering an F-Body changes the rear control arm angles, altering the vehicles "instant center" location. This instant center is the virtual lift point of the suspension and is responsible for initiating weight transfer upon acceleration. Relocating the control arm mounts on the rearend re-gains and improves upon the original geometry.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:55 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by CydeFX
Does anybody who went with the BMR springs suggest going with the Lowering Spring Package, which includes the Adjustable Panhard Rod and the Control Arm Relocation Brackets? I know I'm going with the BMR springs for my 2000 SS, but saw this package offered on their site. Thanks for any help!

From their site -

Adjustable Panhard Rod - Since the F-Body chassis is equipped with a panhard rod to locate the rear end in the chassis, altering ride height can shift the rearend to the drivers' side up to 3/8". This not only effects alignment but can create tire clearance issues as well. To properly re-center the rearend, an adjustable panhard rod is necessary. Equipped with grease fluted high durometer polyurethane bushings.

Control Arm Relocation Brackets - Lowering an F-Body changes the rear control arm angles, altering the vehicles "instant center" location. This instant center is the virtual lift point of the suspension and is responsible for initiating weight transfer upon acceleration. Relocating the control arm mounts on the rearend re-gains and improves upon the original geometry.
These parts are pretty much required when lowering a car. When you lower your car, the panhard bar swings on an arc, and tends to push the rear-end over to one side. The adjustable panhard bar allows you to shorten the bar and bring the rear-end back to center. Also, the lower control arms will be at an angle once lowered. The relocation brackets allow the rear mounting location to be lower, correcting the angle of the arms and restoring proper instant center geometry. So if you need those parts anyways, might as well buy them all in one shot and have it done right the first time.
Right now we are also offering a special on 4th gen Springs and Koni shocks.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:58 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cole Train
Update. The i've only done the rear springs so far as they were the easiest to do. The BMR sit about 1/4-1/2" higher than the Eibachs that were in it but that is likely due to the sagging of the Eicrap. When i pulled them out and pushed them down they compressed far easier and further than the BMR's did. I expected this as my Eibachs were bad. They bottomed out and hit when you went over bigger bumps and just felt too soft. I haven't had the BMR's out yet but i suspect they'll ride a little more rough but i can't say for sure.

Eibachs(sagging) notice the rears

BMR rears. They sit a little higher but i'm fine with that as long as they don't hit when going over bumps

Car looks great! Love the color and stance
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: BMR lowering springs.