Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pinion Angle: S60, All UMI & Strano Springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 10:57 PM
b0b
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pinion Angle: S60, All UMI & Strano Springs

I have searched through the endless threads about pinion angle but cannot find anything relative to my setup. So here goes.. M6, S60, Strange ds, UMI single adj full length T/A WITH T/A relocation crossmember, UMI single adj LCAs & PHB, Strano lowering springs and stock shocks for now and also stock rear sway for now. Also have relo LCA brackets factory welded on my S60. I think that covers everthing. My S60 is installed as of tonight. I stopped for the evening when it came to the T/A, its the last thing to get buttoned up. I have to do the grinding/cutting to the top of the rear T/A bracket to use the outer holes.. So Im doing that tmr and mounting the T/A. I know to take the readings with the suspension loaded and just want to know what the angle finder needs to read on the D/S and the T/A.. Thank you
Old 07-25-2012, 08:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We recommend a starting point of 2 degrees between driveshaft and pinion (or in this case, torque arm bracket). The positive/negative on the angle finder confuses me so I do it by making both readings equal then lengthening the lower adjuster 1-1/2 turns. This ensures a shallow "v" between the driveshaft and pinion. Then you can work on the 2 degree difference in the readings.

Let us know how you make out and thanks for choosing UMI!

ramey
Old 07-25-2012, 03:16 PM
b0b
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ramey, thanks fo rtaking the time to answer all of my dumb questions on the phone this morning as well as still replying on here.

Guys, Ramey at UMI is excellent to talk to and knows his stuff very well. If you have questions and dont feel like waitting for a random person's response on here, give UMI a call directly. It saves time and you'll get the RIGHT answers to your problems/questions.

+1 for UMI