Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Flynbye..no answer or emails after order?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bumping this up as I'd like to place an order with Flynbye, but after a calling a few times, and not seeing an email listed in their "Contact Us" section, I'm a little concerned.

Again, no order has been placed yet. I'd just like to make sure they're still in business & have what I'm looking for in stock before I checkout.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:12 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Why would you go through FLynbye when in this thread they refunded someone for not being able to complete their order? Just go through Kore3.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Why would you go through FLynbye when in this thread they refunded someone for not being able to complete their order? Just go through Kore3.
Because Kore3 does not carry the same product.

I'm hoping someone can provide different contact information, like an email address perhaps, or provide new information about the status of his operation.

Thanks.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgive me for necro-ing this from the dead but.... nothing has changed. Guy still takes your money and doesn't answer any attempts at contacting him. A simple reply of "I'm waitin on parts, could be a couple weeks" or something wouldd have been nice, but no, screw you mr. customer.

For others to be warned: He generates a shipping label and PayPal marks the item as "shipped" the second he processes your order. It doesn't mean a damn thing has actually shipped.

I'll give it another week and then I'm going to complain to PayPal. I'm shocked with the amount of people here and in the third gen communities that have had problems with him and forced a refund through PayPal that PayPal hasn't shut him down.

I wish the CTS-V mod sticky didn't ONLY recommend his cables, and pointed out there is a possibility of going through Kore3. A mod really should do something about that. I came upon this post only after trying to search out this guy's credibility since I have had a package "shipped" but not actually given to USPS for a week.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had one of his 13" (C4HD) brake kits for a 3rd gen. The spindle brackets didn't line up with the PAB and it wasn't going to work (didn't make sense why, I know I wasn't the first one of those kits he built and sold and a friend bought the kit but hadn't installed it so I bought it from him with the car). I never did get a reply or any assistance with the kit. I eventually had to shim it myself because I couldn't get a response or any assistance.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:49 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by szalkerous
Forgive me for necro-ing this from the dead but.... nothing has changed. Guy still takes your money and doesn't answer any attempts at contacting him. A simple reply of "I'm waitin on parts, could be a couple weeks" or something wouldd have been nice, but no, screw you mr. customer.

For others to be warned: He generates a shipping label and PayPal marks the item as "shipped" the second he processes your order. It doesn't mean a damn thing has actually shipped.

I'll give it another week and then I'm going to complain to PayPal. I'm shocked with the amount of people here and in the third gen communities that have had problems with him and forced a refund through PayPal that PayPal hasn't shut him down.

I wish the CTS-V mod sticky didn't ONLY recommend his cables, and pointed out there is a possibility of going through Kore3. A mod really should do something about that. I came upon this post only after trying to search out this guy's credibility since I have had a package "shipped" but not actually given to USPS for a week.
Please link me the posts that mention or link to him, and I'll edit/delete them so no-one else gets burned.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Please link me the posts that mention or link to him, and I'll edit/delete them so no-one else gets burned.
The stickied post at the top of the Suspension & Brakes sub-forum for the CTS-V mod conversion ( https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ll-w-pics.html )

Contains the following:

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
1. Whats needed:

A set of 2004-2007 CTS-V Calipers (Brembo) or 2006+ Corvette Z06 Calipers (PBR). The CTS-V Calipers are 4 piston, the Z06 calipers are 6 piston. However, its been said that the 4 piston Brembo (CTS-V) are better suited to track duty than the Corvette calipers, but its your pick. The CTS-V caliper bolt up without the need for a bracket. These can be found on GM Parts Direct, or eBay.

A pair of 2006+ Corvette Z06 Rotors. Part # 19121787. These can be had for a total of $239 shipped (for both) from GM Parts Direct.

Brake Hoses. These are must be custom tailored to this application, because the stock lines nor the Corvette/CTS lines will fit properly. These can be obtained for $75 from Flynbye Performance LLC.

You will also need some other misc. parts that I will mention later. These include copper brake hose washers, (8) Grade 8 M12 or 1/2" washers, DOT 3/4 Brake Fluid, and possibly wheel spacers.

Tools required include a full socket set with ratchets, a ft/lb torque wrench, 12mm and 7/16 line wrenches, jack and jackstands (or lift).
I highlighted the paragraph in question. It would be cool if a mod could add an edit after that paragraph that said something like "MOD Note: These cables can also be found at Kore 3 and other fabricators, as some members have reported experiencing problems with Flynbye. Search the forums for references."

That would have at least caused me to look around as to WHY people have problems and likely read this thread before ordering $90 cables I might never see.

Last edited by szalkerous; 08-19-2016 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

If you want a good reference, just go over to Google and type "flynbye review" and note all the top hits are mostly the same problem spanning the last 4 years or so.

The owner has been reported to be an honest and nice guy, but refusing to answer customer calls or emails, along with taking the payment up front for weeks (some reported months!) is unacceptable. Many sources have had to file a complaint with Paypal to get their money refunded.

I'm patient, so I'll wait another week for any sort of communication like I said... but after that I'm filing a complaint directly with Paypal so it's on record.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:22 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I edited that post.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

It's only right that I mention that the lines I ordered from Flynbye miraculously appeared in my mailbox today. So he did render the parts, although I never heard a peep from him in response to my contacting him and all this tracking activity suddenly showed up on the USPS page as of last night. I don't know if my complaints elsewhere motivated it to get here, or if he simply wasn't very good at setting expectations.... but the guy did make good. For what it's worth, I'd still prefer the Kore 3 guys who got back to me almost instantly yesterday when I contacted them. But it is what it is.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered front brake lines from Flynbye for the ctsv conversion on June 30th. I waited a good while, then boom July 16th they were in my mail box. I never contacted him once, I received a email from Paypal saying they had shipped with tracking. I read somewhere Ed gets swamped with orders so you got to wait for him to build them etc.

Some people just don't care to communicate, yes it's not professional but just the way some people are. I got my lines, washers, etc. and they appear to be built well so I'm happy. Hope this helps those who are skeptical, I was to before ordering.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TX98Z28
Some people just don't care to communicate, yes it's not professional but just the way some people are. I got my lines, washers, etc. and they appear to be built well so I'm happy.
I'll second that they appear to be built well and included everything I needed (I even got an extra washer...not sure why). But for all those who have been burned (sometimes REAL badly) by the aftermarket world, trust is a hard win and an easy loss. I find zero communication to your customers (even after repeatedly being contacted) to be a gigantic red mark from a customer service standpoint. Even a canned cookie cutter email setting expectations about manufacturing and shipping times would have been better than zip zero.

I will almost always take the company with excellent customer service over another one that neglects their customers, even if the product is more expensive. Knowing that Kore 3 emailed me back within the same day and had product ready to go with a plethora of details would make me choose them if I had to do it again. Peace of mind is priceless.

P.S. Kore 3 doesn't list the CTS-V conversion cables online, but they do have them and are well informed on the mod. Just email or call.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish I would have saw this thread before I placed my order with Flynbye. While doing research on what parts to buy I came down to a decision between Flynbye and Kore3, and ended up going with Flynbye just for the simple reason that they had the specific CTS-V conversion hoses listed on their website, and I could click them into my cart and pay in 30 seconds. However I've now had the same silent treatment others have experienced by Flynbye, and I've put in a PayPal dispute.

I don't want to drag anyone's name through the mud or go as far as to say he's dishonest, but the communication is zero. I ordered the hoses on 3/29, which was a Thursday before the long weekend. All I got was the PayPal notification that the payment went through, and I figured I wasn't going to hear back until this week on shipping because of the long weekend. I waited until mid-week, and called the only phone number they have listed, and left a detailed message about my order and asking for shipping information, and I never got a call back. It's been 3 more days since that call, and after seeing this thread I've decided not to waste my time anymore and put in a PayPal claim for a refund.

On the other hand, I e-mailed Kore3 and got a message back in under 30 minutes. Even though the lines weren't listed specifically on the website, they have them all in stock, and just took an e-mail to get pricing including shipping. I haven't received anything from them yet, but their customer service so far has been top notch.

I'm sure Flynbye isn't a "bad guy", but it is frustrating and misleading to be able to add an item to your shopping cart that isn't ready to be shipped. If lines are made to order, then explicitly say that. And at the very least send some kind of response or return a phone call - open communication is all that is really required. If he had answered the phone and said they'd ship in another week, I'd be fine with that answer. But I have no interest in sitting around with no communication waiting for the hoses for weeks to months, whenever he feels like making them up.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Easter weekend and you didnt even NEED to contact him. You are one of the reasons he probably doesnt communicate much and why everyone else's order would be slowed down IF he responded each time. You didnt even give him a chance to fill the order and you filed a dispute. You suck as a customer, I'm sure he will be glad when you go spend your money elsewhere.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=01ssreda4;19871071
I'm sure he will be glad when you go spend your money elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
The perfect business plan! That's too funny.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Easter weekend and you didnt even NEED to contact him. You are one of the reasons he probably doesnt communicate much and why everyone else's order would be slowed down IF he responded each time. You didnt even give him a chance to fill the order and you filed a dispute. You suck as a customer, I'm sure he will be glad when you go spend your money elsewhere.
Haha cry me a river! Is this your business? You sure seem pretty emotional about this.

I put the PayPal claim on over a WEEK after paying. How long Easter is for you? I gave him 5 full business days (6 if you don't count Monday as a holiday, which most retailers don't), and I didn't hear a word. No email confirmation of my order, no tracking number, won't answer the phone, won't return voicemails. I left him a very polite message asking if he needed any additional info or payment from me, and got nothing back.

I don't know how long you'd expect someone to wait around for something that you fully paid for before you decided "gee whiz, I guess it's not coming," but I expect at least some communication from any seller when I'm giving them my business. How hard is it to respond to an email or answer a phone?

I'm all for "supporting small business," but that's doesn't mean customer service gets to go out the window. If a part is available to buy and put in my cart on your website, it should be ready to ship. Not that you'll make it after your day job one day after you put your kids to sleep and you feel like it 3 weeks later.

The craziest thing happened when I emailed Kore3 - someone answered!! Like, right away. And then I said thanks, send me an invoice, I paid it, and I got a shipping notification and tracking info within AN HOUR!

So remind me again why I should give my hard earned money to some dude who doesn't have the product to ship out, and won't even communicate to me IN OVER A WEEK??
Old 04-07-2018, 07:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 475 Likes on 354 Posts

Maybe I was just lucky, I called and talked to him about brackets for an S10 brake conversion then went online and ordered them and a little over a week later they were at my door.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by handyandy
Haha cry me a river! Is this your business? You sure seem pretty emotional about this.

I put the PayPal claim on over a WEEK after paying. How long Easter is for you? I gave him 5 full business days (6 if you don't count Monday as a holiday, which most retailers don't), and I didn't hear a word. No email confirmation of my order, no tracking number, won't answer the phone, won't return voicemails. I left him a very polite message asking if he needed any additional info or payment from me, and got nothing back.

I don't know how long you'd expect someone to wait around for something that you fully paid for before you decided "gee whiz, I guess it's not coming," but I expect at least some communication from any seller when I'm giving them my business. How hard is it to respond to an email or answer a phone?

I'm all for "supporting small business," but that's doesn't mean customer service gets to go out the window. If a part is available to buy and put in my cart on your website, it should be ready to ship. Not that you'll make it after your day job one day after you put your kids to sleep and you feel like it 3 weeks later.

The craziest thing happened when I emailed Kore3 - someone answered!! Like, right away. And then I said thanks, send me an invoice, I paid it, and I got a shipping notification and tracking info within AN HOUR!

So remind me again why I should give my hard earned money to some dude who doesn't have the product to ship out, and won't even communicate to me IN OVER A WEEK??
So youre the only one who has ever gone through this? Maybe i have something on order right now with no ETA of delivery. Some things i expect fast, some things i dont. Based on his history, i would assume this is normal. Wouldnt you?
Old 04-08-2018, 12:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 475 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
So youre the only one who has ever gone through this? Maybe i have something on order right now with no ETA of delivery. Some things i expect fast, some things i dont. Based on his history, i would assume this is normal. Wouldnt you?
That may have been true in the past but with all the fast shipping options and tracking features most people expect things in a timely manner. Either way there is no excuse to not reply to your customers in timely manner. I've done many side businesses and always made it a point to let people know when they should expect something. It only takes a few minutes to return an E-mail.
I buy from e-bay quite a bit and will leave positive feedback even when there was a problem as long as the problem is resolved. Just got an aluminum radiator that arrived with a busted drain plug, The seller never replied to my messages and I ended up spending $15 to fix it and it delayed what I was doing by almost a week...They got a negative feedback. On the flip side, I bought a Holley Terminator system and when I got it the power cord was missing, I contacted the seller and he realized he forgot it and sent it out a day later, The post office screwed up the shipping and it went all over the country before it finally made it back to me over a week later but I still left a positive feedback because what was his fault he fixed and was good at communicating.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

I agree, I buy and sell a lot. You SHOULD communicate. But in this day and age when we have electronic means of ordering, we also have electronic means of searching for info. I rarely, rarely buy off a generic type website. I have built multiple cars almost entirely off ebay, cylinder heads, engines, wheels and tires, every part for a motor you could imagine. There are good companies and good parts there with 1. Feedback, and 2. a check system that keeps the seller doing the right thing. I rarely have any issues. The part I'm waiting for now is custom made, with no real timeframe, a lot like that guy. They likely will not contact me until its done. So I sit and wait. But i knew that so I'm being patient, like any of flyinbye's customers should be, or buy from someone else.

Quick Reply: Flynbye..no answer or emails after order?