Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Another abs/trac

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 08:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Another abs/trac

Ok done searches and read threads:....I have a 96 camaro that I put a ss spoiler and slp led 3rd brake light on....I did the relay in between the 2 wires and I still have an abs light on:... Now I understand that it could be just a coincidence but the light came on after the brake light install....I've even tried 3 different relays in there with no change... Brakes work fine/ cruise works fine.... Any suggestions past spend 100+ to have the abs system scanned?
Old 08-31-2012, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you checked the rear and made sure its not just the sensor on the rear and its a coincidence?
Old 08-31-2012, 08:29 PM
TECH Regular

Checked and cleaned all 4 wheel connections.... Even went as far as cleaning out and replacing all tail light bulbs to make sure it wasn't as simple as a bulb out causing it
Old 09-01-2012, 01:05 PM
TECH Regular

Well thought I had it all figured out.... Pulled all the wheels cleaned all the terminals and the rear sensors where they collect like a magnet... Inspected the front wires and found the pass side harness had melted next to my header... Fixed the wiring and started it up.... Still on like b4 .... For now everything is working like it should so I'm gonna wait to see if maybe next week when I get the car tuned if the shop has a tech2 and can scan it to see.... I'm cautious braking anyways after driving years in NYC and after just spending 1800 for a new bumper after a late night deer so if I do loose abs it will just be like every other car I've ever owned
Old 09-03-2012, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

Well had the car on a 300+ mile drive today... The lights actually went off at one point today... To bad it was for only about a 1/2 hour... Lol... But I'm wondering if it could be 1 of 2 things that could be wrong... A) I got o2 codes that are popping up so wondering if I still have a wire issue on my pass side...B) I'm hearing what can only be described as a boomerang sound from the front pass wheel which is making me wonder if my bearing is shot which just happens to have the sensor in it.... Just se thoughts on it still have to find someplace to have it scanned while I'm down here to maybe pin point more... It's weird because abs and cruise both work fine ... Brakes were good with the exception of the vacuum switch on my new vacuum pump shitting out on me so I had to hot wire the pump to work all the time and pickup a hose to hook up to engine vacuum if the pimp fried on me
Old 09-13-2012, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

Just wanted to update.. Finally had it scanned and the pass rear sensor went bad on me..... Now I have the fun of tracking a replacement down which neither the dealer or any of the parts stores around me have.... Not a big deal since I was planning on replacing them anyways once I put my new rear in which is put on hold because I can't find the reluctor wheels for the end of the axles anywhere for a lt1 to send to strange so they can finish it

Quick Reply: Another abs/trac