Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Founders Performance Newest Lower Control Arms!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally pulled the trigger on these, relocation brackets, and the on car adjustable panhard bar. Can't wait to test them out!
Old 03-02-2013, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How can these still rotate with the end of the metal tube squished between the metal of the chassis and rear end? I wan't to ditch my stockers, but I can't see how these things can still rotate once they are mounted.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RaggedRides

I will say this.. Follow the greasing and assembly process to the letter. If you don't, you will have air in the barrel and the bushings won't sit properly. Follow the instructions and they slip right into place.
I know this is a little old, but I just got a set of these this week, look great, packaged well but I see no instructions. It's obvious how they go together, but what is the specific procedure? I'm emailing Founders also, but would like to install this weekend. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash_Mayday
I know this is a little old, but I just got a set of these this week, look great, packaged well but I see no instructions. It's obvious how they go together, but what is the specific procedure? I'm emailing Founders also, but would like to install this weekend. Thanks.
Good question... I realized I didn't get any instructions either.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

I may be ordering me a set of these soon. Mine are worn out and needing replaced. These seem pretty interesting and better than the stiff bushing aftermarket units
Old 06-27-2013, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've had mine installed for a little while now. I can't say I've pushed it much since my tires are bald as ever, and given that I replaced a bunch of stuff all at once I can't say exactly what did what, but between these, the Bilsteins, and Stranos the rear feels far more composed than it used to. It felt quite unsettled around turns originally with stock springs, KYB GR2 shocks (not much better than DeCrapons), and one of the stock LCAs having a loose bushing.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rare96LT1Formula
Finally pulled the trigger on these, relocation brackets, and the on car adjustable panhard bar. Can't wait to test them out!
I just got the exact same set up, with BMR springs and 1" Lowering A - Arms, and Koni 4/3's. So excited to get it all installed !
Old 06-28-2013, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zark
I just got the exact same set up, with BMR springs and 1" Lowering A - Arms, and Koni 4/3's. So excited to get it all installed !
You'll love them.

The Founders package (LCA's, PHB, Relo. Brackets) REALLY tightened my car up (installed tubular UMI SFC's as well). Seriously, well worth the money, and VERY nice pieces considering the price.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:20 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

How do these install? There seems to be air stuck in there that I can't get out?
Old 04-18-2014, 01:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
How do these install? There seems to be air stuck in there that I can't get out?
Email us at sales@foundersperformance.com your email address and I will get over the bushing assembly instructions.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

short version, metal cylinder goes in LAST.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Well, I put them on. I assembled best I could and slid them into place. No matter what I did, one side would "pop" back out because the air couldn't escape. So I got them very close, compressed them and slid them into place. So, they're on the car now...

Don't know if that's right? I could see installing the metal piece last, because whenever I tried to press it together, even with my press, one side popped back out. You could only press as far as the metal cylinder would allow. If you pressed further, it might deform it enough to release the air bubble and keep it from popping out.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:18 AM
TECH Addict

Well, I put them on. I assembled best I could and slid them into place. No matter what I did, one side would "pop" back out because the air couldn't escape. So I got them very close, compressed them and slid them into place. So, they're on the car now...

Don't know if that's right? I could see installing the metal piece last, because whenever I tried to press it together, even with my press, one side popped back out. You could only press as far as the metal cylinder would allow. If you pressed further, it might deform it enough to release the air bubble and keep it from popping out.
what I did was grease up all the surfaces that would be "inside" when assembled, then I pushed the ball into almost the middle and inserted one of the cups (on the side the ball was closest to) and pushed that end against a solid surface so it would push the ball to center, then I pressed in the other cup as tight as I could by hand, adjusted the ball to line up best I could and pushed the cylinder into place. They may not have been completely seated but it was close enough to slide them in place.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Super Hulk Smash

That's pretty much what I ended up doing. They slid on and don't seem to be binding. Luckily, they give you a lot of grease, so it works.

Here's a pic. I ended up wiping off the excess grease (which I used to help slide them in). New sways, shocks, and springs are next.

Name:  temporary_zpse328d7f8.jpg
Views: 2669
Size:  58.1 KB
Old 04-20-2014, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

It took me a couple tries the first time but by following the directions that Founders gave me I got them assembled without too much fuss.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:19 PM
Launching!

just ordered a set of Lower Control Arms Relocation Brackets because a buddy had a set, these are nice! and look stronger than most others, and what a great price, cant wait to get them on! thanks
Old 03-15-2015, 03:24 AM
Teching In

Can anyone comment on how they transfer rear end sounds over stock. Did the car get louder or you now hear rear end whine you did not before.

Thanks
Old 03-16-2015, 11:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have not noticed any increased noise transfer vs stock, although my stock ones were pretty dead. So far so good still! Even better now that I have good tires.

Whine would never be caused by the control arms. That's all going to be in the bearings or gears.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Just got me some of these I can't wait to install em next weekend!
Old 01-31-2016, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Ive had mine on for over a year and they have been rock solid so far

Quick Reply: Founders Performance Newest Lower Control Arms!!