Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

2000 z28 needs full suspension. Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 z28 needs full suspension. Help

I'm building this z for a good friend and have been reading a lot of pages on here with alot of great information about suspension but wanted some more input please.

It had Global West lca's ,weld in subframe connectors, pan hard bar, not sure on brand of upper and lower a arms ,lcd relocate bracket, bmr adj torque arm ,eibak pro springs,and wore out bilstein shock. the sway bars are stock also .The problems : bottomed out all the time ,and it sounded like the suspension was coming loose all the time. I checked it on the lift 3 days in a roll and everything was tight. A friend said that the the joints on the stuff i had were known for the clanking after they wear. The only things left on the car is lca relocating brackets,sub frame connectors and the bmr torque arm.
What i'm wanting is a nice street car that sits as low as it can without bottoming out and handle great on the street and doesn't clank all the time. i was thinking of getting the level 5 koni road suspension and don't know what to do on the a-arms and lca's. Could some of y'all let me know if this sounds like the kit I need and what other parts to put with it to get the result I'm looking for. I'm running 11' tt2's and 315 tires in the rear . Didn't know if that makes a difference or not. I'm trying to do this thing right the first time. Thanks
Old 09-20-2012, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

if your going for street car your wasting money with the level 5 at most level 3 koni kit from bmr or get some strano springs/sway arms and konis. you wont bottom out at all with that kit. i have the bmrs with konis and i bottom out less now than i did on stock stuff being 4x4 status. you dont need double adjustable for a street car. koni got it right the first time
Old 09-21-2012, 03:05 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the input. Just ordered lcas, springs,panhard bar, and sways from bmr, and luckily strano had 18 sets of koni's in stock. Should get it all wed.

Quick Reply: 2000 z28 needs full suspension. Help