Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

best suspension upgrades for 98 ss?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best suspension upgrades for 98 ss?

i have a 98 camaro ss and i was just wondering what the best low-budget suspension upgrades would be. this car is my daily driver by the way.. i was planning on getting the eibach pro-kit with the 1.8in drop all around, and beefier sway bars in the back down the road. are the eibachs the best daily driving lowering springs out there or are there better ones?
Old 09-23-2012, 08:18 AM
TECH Resident

Ive had 3 diff cars with the eibak pros and they all started sagging and bottoming out. Especially on the pass side. They make a car look sweet cause of the drop they have tho
Old 09-23-2012, 04:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UMI sways combined with Strano springs and Bilstein SLP's work pretty nice. Throw some UMI 2 point SFC's on there and you have a nice, budget party.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by andy_bakerjian
i have a 98 camaro ss and i was just wondering what the best low-budget suspension upgrades would be. this car is my daily driver by the way.. i was planning on getting the eibach pro-kit with the 1.8in drop all around, and beefier sway bars in the back down the road. are the eibachs the best daily driving lowering springs out there or are there better ones?
We have a very popular setup that uses our lifetime warranty springs. We can put together a custom package using our springs and sway bars with shocks, panhard bar, or subframe connectors that will certainly change your vehicle's behavior on the street while saving some money.

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:35 AM
11 Second Club

i would say some sunframes if its a T-top car.. and everyone who gets strano/konis are usually happy with them.. for a DD street car..
Old 09-25-2012, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ballzee
i would say some sunframes if its a T-top car.. and everyone who gets strano/konis are usually happy with them.. for a DD street car..
Can't say I've heard anyone bitching about them on the track. Given who designed them, I'd be very surprised to hear any complaints at all.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andy_bakerjian
i've got a 98 ss...

i've got koni 4/4s and strano springs...UMI subframe (bolt-in), and strano front and rear sways, fays 2 watts link, spohn TA, UMI TA relocation kit, FP STB...

on strano springs, my car is about an inch lower than stock.

the biggest difference was def...DEF!! made by the Konis and Strano springs...add an adjustable pan hard bar to centre your axle...and voila, you'll have yourself a nice handling street machine. strano sways will refine the roll so if you have extra cash, i would get a set...

SFCs, TA, Watts link, etc...are aggressive mods for the street imo. and although you will feel a difference by installing them, it won't make a substantial difference for the cost when driving on the street...that's just my opinion though so someone else's experience may be different.

Quick Reply: best suspension upgrades for 98 ss?