Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help, shifted parts (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help, shifted parts (PICS)

So iv'e been hearing like this, metal on metal chirping in my left front wheel for the last couple days, I finally had the time to get it up on some ramps today and noticed this right off the bat. 2 different bolts.
I just recently got quite a bit of work done (2 Front hubs / Rotors + Pads / alignment) and and after the alignment it started making noise. Now im a suspension newbie is this normal for them to adjust those in an alignment or is that the entire assembly shifting? Going to go and see if there loose/tight now, update soon.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I doubt they moved the a arms during the alignment. Is it driving straight? If so I say tighten the bolts where they are. I doubt that little deflection will affect the right side.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

When they finished alignment, they failed to make those 2 bolts sufficiently tight.

( they would have moved the arms a very small amount, but not by the amount shown in your pics )
Old 09-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Launching!

no its not driving straight, i'm getting "tire wear" noise on that same wheel. Mmmm guess i'm on my way back to the shop to have em fix this ****..
Old 09-26-2012, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

those are the adjusting points to adjust the caster and camber ( part of the setting for alignment) the align tech may forgot to tighten them after aligning or they maaayyyy
have just worked loose,
in 35 years doing alignments I have a few work loose ( most time with this problem I just did not tighten )
Johnny

Quick Reply: Need help, shifted parts (PICS)