Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone have terrible bump stomp at stock height?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone have terrible bump stomp at stock height?

Even with stock ride height, I have horrible bump steer. Can anyone offer any suggestions on what I can do to cut down on it. Add to that, I plan to lower soon so I'm sure it will be worse after that
Old 10-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know as well...about to do the same thing with mine as well. When I hit a dip it bottoms out the springs in the rear and feels like a boulder it my car in the rear.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the two of you are asking two different questions. OP, you seem to be asking about bump steer, despite what you wrote in the heading. Part of that is the nature of having 275mm width front tires. Alignment can also affect this, as can worn out tie rods. You can check the latter by jacking up the front end and doing a shake down on the front wheels.

AFK9, bump stops are another issue. Mine are both dry rotted on the rear and I'll be replacing them soon. One completely fell off and the other is hanging to one side. Check these out first to make sure they're still present and in good shape. They are the upside down black pyramids mounted to the chassis just above the rear axle. If they're okay, bad shocks would certainly cause what you are describing. Even fatigued springs could conceivably contribute to the problem.

Quick Reply: Anyone have terrible bump stomp at stock height?