Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Just got my Strano Spings......

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 11:10 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by GMC5.3
. my only question is that a aftermarket shock going to eliminate my bounce, feels like I'm riding in a low rider sometimes??
The bounce is a lack of rebound damping, so better shocks will help that for sure. This goes back to what I saying before about the cam lift and valve spring thing. Also recall that folks with Koni tend to run them higher than a setting that mimics the Bilstein the most, which means they opt for a greater amount of rebound damping, if it's there to be gotten, than the Bilstein's have.

So, Bilstein's are better than deCarbon's, Koni's are better than Bilstein for rebound control. Does that help?
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-11-2012, 11:16 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by metalmilitia606
I have DMS springs and I feel like they are too much for my billsteins. Just sayin. All of the lowered f bodies I have seen my car sits a lot lower than theirs do. I feel like the DMS springs are a pretty drastic drop. Are your springs red?
My springs are white, DMS, BMR, Eibach Sportlines, etc are red. And I'm not surprised, the DMS springs are stiffer than mine are which demands more from the shock. Again, you are seeing a lack of rebound control.

Rebound control is critical to having a car that is sure footed and planted. The lower and higher rate the springs are, and the older the shocks are all served to mean that the level of rebound damping will be subpar. And not all new shocks are up the job, or will be long term. If the starting valving is weak, or borderline as the shocks wear they will get overwhelmed. This is the thing with Bilstein's. They aren't the ideal for years and years because the valving is ok to start but doesn't have any headroom... Koni's do.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: Just got my Strano Spings......