Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help Adjusting and Installing Koni Shocks/BMR springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Adjusting and Installing Koni Shocks/BMR springs

Finally got my order in after a 5 month wait. I got the Koni/BMR package 1, i believe they are SA and im not quit sure how to go about installing these. I have new shock mounts from KYB and i got new shock boots as well. So really my only question would be how to go about tuning these shocks in for the most comfortable ride possible without completely taking away from the fact that they are a firm/race shock.
any ideas guys?
Old 10-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Teching In

k so the back ones..you take the boot off..click that little button..than it turns till it cant turn anymore and the button stays clicked in...not sure whats that all about..bare with me people ive never adjusted a shock before..

and the front ones..when you turn them it makes kind of a click click feel as your turning but it never stops..it just keeps turning..It says in the instructions to put an elan wrench in the little bolt holes on the top and turn it that way..but im not sure if i should be holding onto the actual shock part as im turning or the metal shaft..if i hold onto the shock itself..its the same as if i were to just turn the thing by hand..dont want to break these..i just got them..anyone wanna lend me some advice?

Last edited by OpiumCrypt; 10-05-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Teching In

anyone?
Old 10-05-2012, 03:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

On the front Koni shocks there is a window that allows you to make the adjustments. There should have been a small allen key that you slide in the holes in the window and you can turn it right to stiffen it and left to lossen it up some. On the front we normally recommend 4-5 sweeps from full soft.

On the rears the button needs to be pressed down and you should be able to spin the shaft of the shock and feel the clicks. On the rears we generally recommend 1 click from full soft.

Here is a link from the Koni website that explains it also.

http://www.koni-na.com/adjustment.cfm

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: Help Adjusting and Installing Koni Shocks/BMR springs