Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Creating stance...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creating stance...

I want to have my stance where my nose is slightly below my rear end, how do I go about doing this?
Old 10-24-2012, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

do like me and drop an ironblock in an fbody
Old 10-25-2012, 02:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

so you want a raked stance?
Old 10-25-2012, 08:34 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ChadDub
I want to have my stance where my nose is slightly below my rear end, how do I go about doing this?
There are quite a few guys on here that have been wanting a more raked stance than the factory springs or lowering springs allow. What many guys have been doing is they have been running our BMR lowering springs in the front of the car which drops it 1.25" and doing the heater hose mod in the back which lowers the car about .75". This setup allows you to have that exaggerated raked stance and still have a car that drives and handles well.

If you do a search on here there a few guys that posted up some pictures of this exact setup that shows the stance it gave them and a review of the setup.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AFCO Coilovers (2.5" drop) in the front and stock springs in the rear.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

I want a little more exaggerated than that so could I just raise the rear like half an inch from stock and then lower the nose three inches? Can I adjust the height of any spring?
Old 10-25-2012, 12:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since those pictures, I dropped the nose another inch, and I've added Wolfe Racecraft rear spring perches. I actually went the other way and lowered my rear, but I am sure if you adjusted them all of the way down, you can get the height you want.

Here are mine installed. You'll need to purchase smaller diameter springs to match the perches.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:57 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I want a little more exaggerated than that so could I just raise the rear like half an inch from stock and then lower the nose three inches? Can I adjust the height of any spring?
I hope you are doing this for looks alone because a car setup this way will not handle very well at all. The only real way you would be able to accomplish what you want to do is to use an adjustable spring perch in the rear and run an adjustable coil-over style shock in the front. Even with a setup like this you are probably not going to be able to drop 3" in the front and even if you could you would hit everything imagineable in the road that stuck up more than an inch.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah it's just for looks but I might not do it and just go stock height. Mine is lowered right now and it just looks droopy. I think 4th gen camaros look weak on the stance side tbh
Old 10-25-2012, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If my sig pic works, its lowered around 3" in front and 2.5" rear... looks good but was a pain in the *** to align, had to have a shop tuck the exhaust higher, I can go over most speed bumps but still have to plan my routes and be extra careful wherever I go. If I consider all Ive had to spend just making the car able to be driven this low, I probably could've gotten a Koni/Strano/BMR 1" A-arm combo by now...
Old 10-26-2012, 06:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I want a little more exaggerated than that so could I just raise the rear like half an inch from stock and then lower the nose three inches??

I know personal opinion is everything, but my god, that sounds ridiculous. what's your wheel set up going to be?

Quick Reply: Creating stance...