Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help choosing shocks/suspension setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 06:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help choosing shocks/suspension setup

I'm trying to figure out what shocks to run. I drive the car very little during the winter (probably put less than 50 miles on it since the start of December). During the warmer months I drive it a little around town on the weekends, but mostly highway cruising with a trip to the drag strip once a month or so. Kinda depends on how much time I have with work, but I'm wanting to try to make it out more this year. I'm really not building my car to be a corner carver - my main focus is being able to hook when I actually do make it to the track.

I just bought some BMR front lowering springs on the Christmas sale and had planned on doing the HH mod for the rear to get the stance I wanted. Now I know that these springs may not the best choice for the track, but I really had some awful wheel gap going on. I just got a nice bonus from work and now I'm thinking I should go ahead and do shocks while I'm doing my springs (esp fronts since they will be a pain).

My initial thought would be QA1s, but I couldn't really find any reviews of a lowering spring/QA1 setup. What do you guys think? I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Other traction related mods:
SFCs
LCA + relo bracket (will be taking them off of my '95, can't remember if they're SA or DA)
PHB (Adjustable)
Will hopefully be upgrading to NT05Rs in 315/17" size. (running 555rs now)
Old 01-09-2013, 03:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spoke with Kevin at BMR yesterday and we talked about a few different routes I could go with the car. Looks like I'll be returning the lowering springs and swapping them out for a strange/300lb spring setup.

Thanks for the help Kevin! I found that trying to decide on a spring/shock setup can be quite confusing for our cars and he made it pretty easy!

Quick Reply: Need help choosing shocks/suspension setup