Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

FE2 in a V6 Firebird/Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FE2 in a V6 Firebird/Camaro

I recently had a pinhole rubbed into one of the lines on the steering rack of my 98 Formula. I've been having a hell of a time finding the lines apart from a rack, but recently tracked one down at a salvage yard. According to their online inventory, the rack was from a 98 Camaro with the FE2 suspension. So I went an purchased it, took off the lines, and then left the rest of the rack there (it had a bent tie rod).

I got around to trying to put the line on yesterday and it was the wrong line. After I tried to put it on, I went back to their online inventory and searched for a 3.8 engine for a 98 Camaro. It pulled one up and had the same stock # as the power steering rack. I also searched for a 5speed out of a 98 Camaro. Same results, same stock #. I called the guy today and he said that there's no way his inventory guy would've entered it wrong. "He's been doing it for 20 years."

My question to you all is this: Is there any way a V6 Camaro would've come with a FE2 suspension and not the F41 Suspension? If I can't figure out a way to convince this guy that I'm right, I'm out $50, which is a lot for a kid still in college.

Thanks

Quick Reply: FE2 in a V6 Firebird/Camaro