Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

umi torque arm bracket question

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default umi torque arm bracket question

I have UMI 2205 adjustable torque arm. Was wondering if those who also have an UMI torque arm if they have this:
my bracket that is mounted on the axle has different size bolt holes where the torque arm mounts to. The holes in the shiny adjustable pieces of the torque arm measure 0.625" and the bolts fit fine in that. However the upper hole in the bracket on the axle measures 0.650" and the lower hole measures just over 0.750".
I'm concerned this slop is going to cause some clunking.
It's great that the bracket is made from 3/8" thick steel plate, but there's no way a bolt and nut is going to squeeze that together to hole the torque arm from moving up and down.
Attached Thumbnails umi torque arm bracket question-z1.jpg   umi torque arm bracket question-z2.jpg   umi torque arm bracket question-z3.jpg  
Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the adjustable UMI TQ arm, but did not disassemble everything like you have. It all fit pretty snug. Once I torqued everything down, it was all pretty tight and there has been no clunking whatsoever. As I recall the bracket going over the axle was a tight fit - I had a hard time getting it on. It had to be just right. You might install the TQ arm onto the axle, torque it down and check for play. I know you're not going to put the forces on it the engine would, but still, if there is going to be any play, you will be able to tell. Of course you could always call UMI tech support if you haven't already.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good evening. I got your mail as well and will check the drawing tomorrow.

Is that 2205 new?

Thanks

-- Ramey
Originally Posted by 1 FMF
I have UMI 2205 adjustable torque arm. Was wondering if those who also have an UMI torque arm if they have this:
my bracket that is mounted on the axle has different size bolt holes where the torque arm mounts to. The holes in the shiny adjustable pieces of the torque arm measure 0.625" and the bolts fit fine in that. However the upper hole in the bracket on the axle measures 0.650" and the lower hole measures just over 0.750".
I'm concerned this slop is going to cause some clunking.
It's great that the bracket is made from 3/8" thick steel plate, but there's no way a bolt and nut is going to squeeze that together to hole the torque arm from moving up and down.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks, yes the 2205 was new from a sponsor here.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1 FMF
thanks, yes the 2205 was new from a sponsor here.
Email sent.

ramey

Quick Reply: umi torque arm bracket question