Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strange S5271 and hypercoil springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange S5271 and hypercoil springs

So i have a question about which way is the proper way to setup these springs and shocks. I have seen it done 2 ways. One way is how i have it mocked up and the other is with the cup placed inbetween the spring and the perch. Which way is correct?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA

this is what i was talking about. i've seen it done how mine is currently mocked up and how this shock is setup. which one is correct?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mightymike2000ss

this is what i was talking about. i've seen it done how mine is currently mocked up and how this shock is setup. which one is correct?
That's the correct way, from what I have seen on friends cars Strange has 2 different types of their shocks for the 4th gens, one uses a coilover spring (like you have) and you need the top mount from Strange in it, the other uses a hybrid spring that sits in the top stock perch and then on the shock. Something about a race vs street use.

But what is pictured in your 3rd picture is how that one should be setup. The other spring is a big beehive looking thing, almost like a stock spring.

Quick Reply: Strange S5271 and hypercoil springs