Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

QA1 shock that pulls spring down!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QA1 shock that holds car down!

THis is bullshit. Heard it before but now I got a junk new QA1 shock. This is a pain in the ***. Send it back to get fixed and the car is down. QA1 said it is unbelievable but I know its happened to others. You cant adjust the spring high enough to keep the fender off the tire because once the shock compresses it doesnt want to release.

Last edited by SAM98WS6; 04-22-2004 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What are you trying to say? I guess I don't understand what is going on.

I can almost adjust mine to stock ride height if I wanted to and things work just fine.

What do you have the dial set at on the shock? If you have it set at 12 I can see that the spring might not be able to push it back out. I don't think you want it at 12 anyways, you'd have to wear a mouth guard.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I tried 1 through 4. when you push down on the shock it doesnt want to release or rebound. if you pull the car up it will stay up until it is compressed again. make sense now?
Old 04-20-2004, 06:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok. ripped the shock out. On setting 1 I can push the thing in and out. 2 I can push in and all I have to get it out. 3 barely push it in and cant pull it out at all. That thing should be easier out. Bushing at the bottom was messed up too, spring clip bent. Overnighted it to QA1. See if they take care of me. Asked for overnight turnaround.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here is the latest for all of you that are going to buy QA1s. They tell me overnight the shock out and they will fix it and send it back in a day or two. Well I spend $40 to overnight it out, they get it tuesday and now they wont repair it until Friday. Car is down all week for a bad out of the box shock. Exact same thing happened to a mustang I know. Dont know if this is a recent trend in american quality or they are being made elswhere now...but QA1s customer service is nothing special...just another company.

Quick Reply: QA1 shock that pulls spring down!