Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

are any company's brakes as light as aerospace w competitive pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013 | 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

Default are any company's brakes as light as aerospace w competitive pricing?

what have u went with?price? mods?
Old 04-05-2013 | 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Keep in mind that my brakes started out God-awful heavy (solid iron everything), as did most cars of the same or older vintage. That said, when I switched to Wilwood Dynalite 12.19 front brakes, my car lost aproximately 20 pounds of unsprung weight off each front corner. The wilwoods have a more narrow rotor (.81 inch) than stock, they also use aluminum everywhere they can. They don't have a lock on this though--lots of aftermarket and even OEMs do the same thing now.

Another thing you might consider is going with a lighter-weight wheel selection.
Old 04-05-2013 | 07:48 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
what have u went with?price? mods?

If you are looking for Aerospace then you are most likely wanting drag brakes... I would have to say the Strange brakes are the lightest, highest quality brakes on the market and priced very right. Strange brakes do not have known issues of pad sticking or leaks like som of the others do.

Give us a call... We can get you into Strange brakes for just a few bucks more than what you are looking at!
Old 04-05-2013 | 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

Im also going to autofair tmrw to see if I can find any deals w vendors..Im leaning towards aerospace bc of price and ease of installation..I do like the strange brakes being lighter and supposedly better quality though..if u could get close on the price I may change my mind..so far Im looking at 750ish on the aerospace fronts..wilwood makes a good product but are seemingly overpriced from what Ive seen..maybe Im looking in the wrong places

Quick Reply: are any company's brakes as light as aerospace w competitive pricing?