Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anone know what I have here?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013 | 11:21 AM
TECH Addict

Default Anone know what I have here?

I bought new calipers from Raybestos in Nov to get them powdercoated the same color as my car. I'm just now putting them on, get to the last wheel for the driver front and find this. bottom is the stocker.

It does fit and looks the same in every way except the metal on the front doesn't go all the way across the pad like the stock one does, which has me concerned. Also, the metal piece that goes inside the caliper for tension didn't quite fit right....it needed a little trimming.

The passenger side does not look like this....it's just like stock.
Old 04-07-2013 | 09:20 AM
TECH Addict

Well, I have it on but it won't spin completely free. Don't know what the deal is but looks like I'm gonna take my chances and order another one.
Old 04-07-2013 | 06:30 PM
Launching!

from the ribs at the top of the red caliper those look like aftermarket base C5 calipers just no raised corvette lettering...the c5 setup doesn't fit all 17" wheels.

although its not a best practice, spacers might help them clear.
Old 04-07-2013 | 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

My stock ones have the same ribs. I got the rotors to spin freely by grinding the nubs off the brake pads. I would have just bought another one if I didn't have it powdercoated. Doesn't quite look the same but no one will know but me.

Quick Reply: Anone know what I have here?