Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Founders suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got my LCA's and PHB in the mail today. If it's not raining tomorrow, it's getting installed. It all looks great, and feels great in my hands.

When I get it installed, I'll post back in here.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:57 AM
TECH Regular

Well I installed everything. The Founders stuff is very nice. It goes together very nicely.

The only thing I'm unhappy with is that I ordered the LCA bolts and they weren't stepped like the factory bolts. If I would have used the bolts Founders gave me, they would have fit loosely.

I got their control arms with their Swivel Joints. They actually articulate very well. They don't seem to transmit a significant amount of noise over stock. The panhard bar I got was one with a single rod end. The rod end spacers were set up to use the factory hardware and fit great.

When you install the adjustable panhard bar, make sure you drive it around a bit before you fine adjust it. I eyeballed it, and it was maybe 1/4" off, I took it for a ride, got it all settled in, and it was damn near perfectly adjusted. Also, put some great on the sides of the poly bushings. It makes them go in easier, and they're less likely to bind if tightened with the car not at right height.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LCA bolts are stepped? Did I not notice this when I was swapping mine last year?

Reuse the stock bolts if you can. They are pretty strong. I've gotten some replacement bolts before that I was able to strip with a somewhat decent amount of torque.. in the higher range that was recommended.

I reused the stock ones and then saved the new bolts... I actually used them in another application where I had a bolt that was too short for my UE decoupled torque arm.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm waiting for them to make front control arms....
Old 05-23-2013, 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z28bryan
LCA bolts are stepped? Did I not notice this when I was swapping mine last year?

Reuse the stock bolts if you can. They are pretty strong. I've gotten some replacement bolts before that I was able to strip with a somewhat decent amount of torque.. in the higher range that was recommended.

I reused the stock ones and then saved the new bolts... I actually used them in another application where I had a bolt that was too short for my UE decoupled torque arm.
I reused the stock ones. I didn't have much choice in that matter. I got the bolts just in case I had to murder the old ones to get them out. Now I just have a nice set of bolts hanging out in my tool box.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ThoR294
I'm waiting for them to make front control arms....
You and I both...wish they made front end parts. I need to replace my front tubular lowers, pedestal mount for the front struts has caved in on both arms.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

my bushings are ceased on the front end, and the top arm is starting to rot where it sits on the strut :O
Old 05-29-2013, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

WWOOOOOHOOOOOO my founders stuff is going to be here today !! I will give my thoughts and reviews once its all on
Old 05-29-2013, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

I ran home at lunch to open the box, welds are still excellant from my last dealing, powder coat looks great and overall great quality, I couldnt resist the urge while at home on my lunch to throw the strut tower brace on and it fits perfectly ! Still have the on car panhard and RLCA to put on
Old 05-29-2013, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Parts fit great.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Hey Dope that's what my view looked like tonight ! lol!! I put on all my gear from founders and I AM IMPRESSED !!! Great looks and perfect fit !!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Hey Dope is that upper arm a modified pan hard bar ?
Old 05-30-2013, 07:58 AM
On The Tree

The one thing I did is put some washers under the nuts for the strut tower brace, I just felt it would help
Old 05-31-2013, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got my Founders subframe connectors welded in yesterday. They fit great and tucked up very well. I only wish I could feel the "huge night and day difference" everyone else seemed to feel from SFC's. I guess it feels a little more stiff and some rattles have been lessened. I haven't ruled out it being in my head. I'm sick of doing things that I can barely notice, if at all. Maybe 3.73 gears will have some feeling to them.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

forced induction or nitrous ? those you will feel
Old 05-31-2013, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc3.4V6
Got my Founders subframe connectors welded in yesterday. They fit great and tucked up very well. I only wish I could feel the "huge night and day difference" everyone else seemed to feel from SFC's. I guess it feels a little more stiff and some rattles have been lessened. I haven't ruled out it being in my head. I'm sick of doing things that I can barely notice, if at all. Maybe 3.73 gears will have some feeling to them.
x2.
Suspension/chassis wise you will notice the most in this order *from my personal experience (no experience with moog bushings yet)*
-good shocks (i.e. Konis, easily the biggest difference you can make)
-swaybars/springs
-wattslink

Things that are hardly noticeable/not noticeable:
STB
SFC's
LCAs
Torque Arm
Old 06-01-2013, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing but good stuff from Founders from what I have read.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Things that are hardly noticeable/not noticeable:
LCAs
Unless your stock ones were like mine and the bushings were falling apart
Old 06-02-2013, 12:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have

Strut Tower brace
Rear LCA's
PH Bar and relocation.
It was amazing the quality i got for the price. they are well worth it. some of the other bigger companies are slowly going to lose their busieness. these guys are great i love them.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silverbullet99
Ive heard founders suspension is pretty good any advice, im looking to buy control arms, relocation brackets ,adj panhard rod and strut bar, any feedback is great
Everything i got from them was awesome and worked. Had massive wheel hop in my 1999 Formula and bought LCA's and adjustable LCA brackets and it completely cured it. I wish they would make more stuff like tubular K members and upper and lower control arms for GM A and G body too. Not everyone can affors Detroit SPEED stuff.....Kyle thinks that stuff is made out of Gold for what they charge.

Quick Reply: Founders suspension?