Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

intructions on lg motorsport lg 3 point tsb

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default intructions on lg motorsport lg 3 point tsb

I need help on how to install a 3 point tower strut brace I obviously know how to bolt the sides but I do not know how to hook up the cowl piece. Please help
Old 05-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Teching In

the car is a 2001 pontiac trans am
Old 05-27-2013, 02:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not that it matters all that much, but does yours have a "U" shaped bar that bolts to the cowl, with a straight bar between the shock towers?

I have one like that, I bought it from LG back around '96-'97. What you have to do, is make a template out of "card stock", like an index card, that you locate to a known position against the cross bar, and indicate where the holes are, in the tab that bolts to the cowl.

I did this a LONG time ago, so I don't remember EXACTLY what I did, but somehow or other, I was able to jockey the plastic trim pieces on the cowl up a little, for access. Set the STB assembly in place, locate the card on TOP of the crossbar, in line with your reference line, then mark the position of the holes you're going to drill, on TOP of the cowling. Drill holes, pop in bolts, put plastic trim pieces back on.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Thanks I figured it out after about 3 hours lol. I did have to drill 2 holes. mine is a 3 point but I don't have a bar connected in the middle. It was a pain in the ***, I had to move my nitrous line but hopefully it will help with chassis flex.

Quick Reply: intructions on lg motorsport lg 3 point tsb