Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New shock/spring set up

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 05:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New shock/spring set up

I've currently got some Koni 4/4's and Strano springs on my Camaro, and I'm pretty much over having a lowered car haha. I'm looking to get more of a drag oriented shock and spring set up, and I'd like to get some more ground clearance. So far I've been looking around on here and it seems Afco, Strange, or Viking might be good choices, all in a DA style. I've read that since my car is stock weight for the most part, something like a 300# spring up front would do, what about the rears? I'm open to other shocks as well, those are just the three that seem to be fairly popular right now.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fly boy_1
I've currently got some Koni 4/4's and Strano springs on my Camaro, and I'm pretty much over having a lowered car haha. I'm looking to get more of a drag oriented shock and spring set up, and I'd like to get some more ground clearance. So far I've been looking around on here and it seems Afco, Strange, or Viking might be good choices, all in a DA style. I've read that since my car is stock weight for the most part, something like a 300# spring up front would do, what about the rears? I'm open to other shocks as well, those are just the three that seem to be fairly popular right now.
Hi,
All My customers that have bought the AFCO's have been extremely happy with the adjustability and ease of set up.
The customers that bought Strange have been pleased but haven't been near as pleased as the AFCO customers.
I've tried to use the QA1's twice, neither time did the customers car make it out of the shop due to poor quality such as bent shafts or adjusters not functioning.
The only thing I've heard about Viking is its supposedly the QA1 people under a new name.
Call if You would like to discuss this further.

Thank You,
Carl Loder
Old 06-27-2013, 06:21 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fly boy_1
Give me a call Eric... I can hook you up with a great deal on any of them and give you the right springs and valve settings to get started with. I have personally installed all 3 brands and setup the shocks on the winners such as Ohio Boys, Brian Black, Koolrayz, and LASTLS1(Andy) just to name a few.

There are some differences in the ease of adjustments between the brands and I can give you the low down on all of them.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered some of the new Viking coil overs for the front and shocks for the rear. Anybody on tech using these and care to share settings and some details on your car? I did some searching and I didnt see too many posts about them. From what Eric @ MWC said these will be very popular once some more people get ahold of them.

Quick Reply: New shock/spring set up