Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

60's with Strano springs -- what are yours?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 10:51 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 60's with Strano springs -- what are yours?

I'm currently running SLP Bilsteins with SLP Eibachs. I'm also running UMI LCA's and LCA brackets (lowest hole). While I am very content with its handling and ride, I'm starting to long for the lower look of the Strano's. My concern is that my 60's will suffer. I'm cutting 1.9 60's with all season tires, so things are setup great right now.

The car isn't a DD, and while it's driven on the street, I'm pounding the guts out of it on the street (really, I drive like I stole it, otherwise I don't bother driving it). It's obviously at the track as much as possible (on hiatus at the moment while I wait for a Tick master to help with getting locked out of gear).

So, those of you who make it to the track and are running Strano springs, what are your 60's, other suspension mods, and tires?
Old 07-25-2013, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Would be curious to see everyone's response to this. I didn't have any noticeable traction loss in going from the soft stock springs to the Strano's, however I've only tested it using R-compound radials on hot pavement. Couldn't comment on how it would impact the launch on street tires. If you're losing traction on the upshift(s) with your current setup, expect that to be a bit more violent.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:14 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by Midnight02
Would be curious to see everyone's response to this.
So would I!

I figured it might be a long shot to ask as this section is not really the drag racing crowd (nothing negative to be inferred from that ).
Old 07-25-2013, 12:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I'll say this, I don't use a super stiff rear spring... This is for a number of reasons, one of which is getting power down, but also ride and stability. I doubt your 60's would change much at all from what you have now.

I know that guys with Koni/Strano and Strano bars on drag radials without disconnecting the front bar, etc. have cracked off 1.6's and 1.7's. I'm not going to say everyone can, there are folks with stock suspensions that out 60' guys with $3000 in drag race stuff too.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:34 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Thanks for the reply, Sam. That sounds very promising.

I definitely must acknowledge that it's time for me to upgrade to some "real" tires, especially since my header install. I just hated to toss these as they were new on the car when I bought it. They've been surprising (hence the consistent 1.9), but they -- to put it kindly -- suck when going left or right (as they howl in protest!).

Quick Reply: 60's with Strano springs -- what are yours?