Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni shocks and Strano springs arrive in the morning...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 03:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni shocks and Strano springs arrive in the morning...

Like the title says Ive finnally bought the koni and strano set up.
Installing them as soon as they come in. I wanted know any tips and tricks on the install that could help.Also what setting does everyone recommend for the shocks setting.My SS is a daily that messes around I would say.Im putting the the front shocks on the lower perch.I understand the ride will be more harsh but I drive slow and cautious already.I feel I won't have much of a problem.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ricmiester
Like the title says Ive finnally bought the koni and strano set up.
Installing them as soon as they come in. I wanted know any tips and tricks on the install that could help.Also what setting does everyone recommend for the shocks setting.My SS is a daily that messes around I would say.Im putting the the front shocks on the lower perch.I understand the ride will be more harsh but I drive slow and cautious already.I feel I won't have much of a problem.
It is recommended for the fronts to do 4-5 sweeps from full soft. I actually just did that when I pulled my front end apart since they come set on full soft. There is a small dial near the top that you have to use a small allen wrench to adjust it. Use the allen wrench and turn the dial counterclockwise. There is a small "window" that limits how much you can move it in one turn. One full movement in that "window" is considered 1 sweep.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Teching In

When I bought mine from Sam I called him and he gave me a few tips to make everything go smoothly. I would do that when you have them in front of you, so you can see what he's talking about.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good place would be 4 sweeps from full soft in front. Make sure when you install the fronts that you have the adjustment window pointed towards you so u can just use all wrench and make adjustments as needed after everything has been installed. Use ls1howto. Very good guide and take ur time
Old 07-26-2013, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Also post pics when complete

Quick Reply: Koni shocks and Strano springs arrive in the morning...