Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Founders Performance On Car Adjustable Torque Arm Now Available And On Sale $179.06

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 12:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ws6Dnero
Lol you guy's should've put some instructions in here on putting it together. ill figure it out though
It should have come with an install sheet. If you didn't get it email us at sales@foundersperformance.com and we will reply with the pdf sheet for you.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Founders Performance
It should have come with an install sheet. If you didn't get it email us at sales@foundersperformance.com and we will reply with the pdf sheet for you.
I believe Ws6Dnero was referring to a set of assembly instructions. I received an install sheet with mine but no assembly. While it isn't too difficult to figure out how it all goes together some folks that aren't familiar with parts like this might have an easier time with an assembly diagram. Besides that it looks like a real solid piece and I can't wait to get a relocation crossmember so I can install it. I don't feel comfortable sticking this monster to the tailshaft, haha.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

I have to agree it would spell certain death for the tailshaft hosing without a relocation crossmember.its that beefy
Old 08-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Mine arrived today. Where"s the relocation kit????
Old 08-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Good quality torque arm though
[/QUOTE]

Short of, "a work of art". Looks like you're taking it to the next level. Smart

Last edited by 38DD2436; 08-14-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

Im going to use my BMR relocation crossmember with mine
Old 08-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Got mine yesterday. Like others here, I had to assemble it. I have not put it in the car yet. It is a nice piece. I started by threading the jam nuts on each piece. Then threaded the top rod end into the torque arm until the jam nut bottomed out. I then assembled the adjuster with the rod end and threaded it into the bottom hole, bottoming out both jam nuts. When I attempted to install the axle bracket, the spacing of the rod ends was too close together for the bolts to go through. I had to back the adjustment off some, and back out the top rod end to get spacing where it would go together. I assume this is normal?

It would be good if it came assembled and set "close" to where it "should" be, so adjustment from there would be minimal.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:09 PM
FormerVendor

This is the last day of the sale. The price goes up in the AM when we get in to the normal price of $223.82.

We can assemble them but it would drive the shipping charges up as it would have to ship in an oversize box. We are figured our customers would rather thread on a few jam nuts and rod ends to save shipping cost.

Your are correct on having a 1/4" or so of thread showing.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow you have them at the other LCA price. Excellent piece!!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Got my T/A installed. It went together nicely. One question. Why two sets of holes on the axle bracket? I had to use the ones that were closer to the edge.

Also, I still have wheel hop. Hopefully the new lca's I got along with it will do the trick.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

great, I just get home from vacation and find i missed this sale by a few hours, damn my luck
Old 08-17-2013, 03:39 AM
TECH Addict

Hey I havent been on tech for a while now and I first saw the UMI thread and I was feeling bad for missing the sale but after seeing this thread ..... DAMN I feel really bad now
Old 08-17-2013, 03:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SS DNA
Hey I havent been on tech for a while now and I first saw the UMI thread and I was feeling bad for missing the sale but after seeing this thread ..... DAMN I feel really bad now
That's the reason I just ordered one and set it in the corner until I get a relocation crossmember. It was just too good of a deal to pass up and the piece looks very solidly built.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Teching In

When I put my T/A in on Thursday I was in a hurry so I couldn't set the pinion angle with the suspension loaded. I just measured the angle with the suspension sagging before removing the stock t/a and then set it to the same with the new one. Today I installed my new lower control arms from FP and then checked pinion angle with the suspension loaded. It was about -4. I set it up to about -1.8 and went for a drive. I was extremely pleased to find I could drop the clutch at 3000 and smoke the tires through 1st, grab 2nd and spin some more without any wheel hop. I am super happy to say the least.

I suspect it was the lca's that did the trick, not the corrected pinion angle.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by love2ride450
When I put my T/A in on Thursday I was in a hurry so I couldn't set the pinion angle with the suspension loaded. I just measured the angle with the suspension sagging before removing the stock t/a and then set it to the same with the new one. Today I installed my new lower control arms from FP and then checked pinion angle with the suspension loaded. It was about -4. I set it up to about -1.8 and went for a drive. I was extremely pleased to find I could drop the clutch at 3000 and smoke the tires through 1st, grab 2nd and spin some more without any wheel hop. I am super happy to say the least.

I suspect it was the lca's that did the trick, not the corrected pinion angle.
The corrected pinion angle will not give you more power, the feel of more power or anything close to it. It will, however help to stop your joints from wearing out too early and possible NVH at hwy speeds
Old 08-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Decadence75
The corrected pinion angle will not give you more power, the feel of more power or anything close to it. It will, however help to stop your joints from wearing out too early and possible NVH at hwy speeds
I don't recall saying I thought it gave me more power. I also said I feel like the lower control arms are what stopped my wheel hop. I was simply stating the pinion angle on my lowered car was out of whack until I installed the adjustable t/a.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by love2ride450
I don't recall saying I thought it gave me more power. I also said I feel like the lower control arms are what stopped my wheel hop. I was simply stating the pinion angle on my lowered car was out of whack until I installed the adjustable t/a.
I apologize if I came across as a know it all arsehole. I am glad you are having a better experience with the mods. I can't wait until my stuff gets here so I can say the same!
Old 08-18-2013, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

wow, been following the build of this unit and then I miss the sale. Guess I will not be buying one. lol
Old 08-19-2013, 11:18 AM
10 Second Club

Dayum!.. I've been waiting on the release, and now I missed the sale! Bring back the sale or extend it. Give the stragglers time to bite..lol

Great product by the way! Let's hear about those 60ft improvments guys.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Launching!

Got my TA along with an adjustable PHB, adjustable LCA's, LCA relocation brackets, and a BMR TA relocation crossmember. Installed the PHB and LCA relocation brackets last weekend.... huge difference in handling! Much better turn in and hole shot. Once my crossmember comes in I'll install the TA. This stuff is super high quality its almost unbelievable at the price. Way to go Founder's Performance.

Quick Reply: Founders Performance On Car Adjustable Torque Arm Now Available And On Sale $179.06