Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Founders Performance On Car Adjustable Torque Arm Now Available And On Sale $179.06

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 11:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so when is the relocation coming out for this fabulous torque arm.
honestly i just want to get both at the same time.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only issue I've had so far with installing the TA is that the mounting plate isn't provisioned for larger than stock bolts. I picked up a set of the UMI longer bolts and they won't fit through the plate so I'm going to have to drill the holes out a little bit. The UMI bolts are 0.555 in thick and the hole in the plate is only 0.495 in wide.

However I was able to install the founders LCA, relocation bracket and PHB without a problem. Over all they appear to be some great pieces.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Guess imma go with founder performance for relocations brackets lca, rear lca , and panhard bar sounds like they have pretty good quality for less.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Decadence75
The only issue I've had so far with installing the TA is that the mounting plate isn't provisioned for larger than stock bolts. I picked up a set of the UMI longer bolts and they won't fit through the plate so I'm going to have to drill the holes out a little bit. The UMI bolts are 0.555 in thick and the hole in the plate is only 0.495 in wide.

However I was able to install the founders LCA, relocation bracket and PHB without a problem. Over all they appear to be some great pieces.
All the other companies that I have seen make the holes very sloppy similar to the factory torque arm. All of our parts are not designed based on factory holes sizes or tolerances but very tight tolerances to just fit factory hardware for a proper tight tolerance fit. I did just go out and measure one of our brackets and it measures .554" mounting holes after powder coat. I haven't seen the UMI hardware but based on the measurement of .555" I'm guessing they are shipping 9/16" bolts instead of the factory 14mm bolts which will measure a maximum size .551" and a minimum size of .5405" if following American National Standards for metric hex screws. If you choose to drill out the bracket instead of replacing with factory size hardware I would be careful not to go oversize on the hole.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:05 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by AmDWs6
so when is the relocation coming out for this fabulous torque arm.
honestly i just want to get both at the same time.
I wish I had an answer for you. If you don't feel like waiting for the relocation brackets any of the other relocating brackets will work fine with our torque arm as long as they work with the factory torque arm. From what I have seen on the internet alone I personally like the look of the BMR units the best but that's just my personal opinion.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Founders Performance
All the other companies that I have seen make the holes very sloppy similar to the factory torque arm. All of our parts are not designed based on factory holes sizes or tolerances but very tight tolerances to just fit factory hardware for a proper tight tolerance fit. I did just go out and measure one of our brackets and it measures .554" mounting holes after powder coat. I haven't seen the UMI hardware but based on the measurement of .555" I'm guessing they are shipping 9/16" bolts instead of the factory 14mm bolts which will measure a maximum size .551" and a minimum size of .5405" if following American National Standards for metric hex screws. If you choose to drill out the bracket instead of replacing with factory size hardware I would be careful not to go oversize on the hole.
I chose to go with the other bolts mainly because with the stock ones there are fewer threads available for the nut compared to how it was with the stock setup. While this would probably be ok I opted for bolts that are a little longer. One of my stock bolts also got pretty banged up when being removed since it was pretty stuck in there and can't be re-used. I hadn't planned on going over 9/16 for the hole size since that should leave around a 0.075 in clearance for the bolts.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:36 AM
TECH Resident

After drilling out the bracket holes to 9/16 the bolts slid in just fine with almost no play in them at all. My TSP true duals are rubbing against the TA but I don't believe that will cause any adverse reactions. Correct me if I am wrong about that and I will see what I can do to correct it. While I was at it I also installed your on car adjustable PHB, on car adjustable LCAs and relocation bracket. Everything on the install went smooth as butter with the exception of needing to drill the holes out a little larger. The trans relocation crossmember on the other hand...I think I might just have to sell the car if I have to change the bushing on the TA, haha.

I will say it is like driving an entirely different car now. I can put some spirit into accelerating now and now have the tires spinning with the tail end swinging to one side. I also noticed that my nose is much less likely to dip on hard braking as well. All in all I am very happy with the products and look forward to any future pieces you guys will put out.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any chance of this introductory price coming back for week? I followed the other thread about the development of the TA but never even saw that they were for sale until today.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jbridwelltransam
Any chance of this introductory price coming back for week? I followed the other thread about the development of the TA but never even saw that they were for sale until today.
Sorry but that was sale expired.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sad day, Alrighty well if you guys end up doing one again I guess I'll try to catch it then. Was trying to have all founders under her.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:30 AM
Teching In

Are they on sale now?
Old 02-10-2014, 12:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any news for the short TA with DSL?
Old 02-11-2014, 12:37 PM
FormerVendor

Sorry but we don't have any updates on the short torque arm. We have hired some more staff to try and get caught up so we can get back to our new projects.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

id be interested if they go back on sale . so far i have the adjustable lcas , adjustable phb and relocation brackets , need to get the sfcs and tq arm ..
Old 03-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Will this Founders adjustable torque arm fit with Pacesetter longtubes & TSP ORY?

Anyone with this setup or similar pictures would be appreciated to confirm!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by calgary_z28
Will this Founders adjustable torque arm fit with Pacesetter longtubes & TSP ORY?

Anyone with this setup or similar pictures would be appreciated to confirm!
really?
Old 03-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DeLaRosa25
really?
Yep really. Do you have anything helpful to add?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

can we get a group buy or sale going again. I'm in the market.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ I second that, so pissed I missed this sale.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Launching!

I'd be interested as well. Anyone with pacesetter longtubes/tsp ory
that can comment on fitment?

Quick Reply: Founders Performance On Car Adjustable Torque Arm Now Available And On Sale $179.06