Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

bad torque arm help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad torque arm help!

Im pretty sure my torque arm bushing is bad because the torque arm is bouncing up and down on the x pipe especially when braking and its very loud and worrying me. Im going to buy a bmr torque arm with poly bushing but I was wondering how long I can wait because I dont have the money for it yet. Will it hurt anything if I dont replace asap?
Old 08-09-2013, 09:00 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver_Bullet_Z28
Im pretty sure my torque arm bushing is bad because the torque arm is bouncing up and down on the x pipe especially when braking and its very loud and worrying me. Im going to buy a bmr torque arm with poly bushing but I was wondering how long I can wait because I dont have the money for it yet. Will it hurt anything if I dont replace asap?
You definitely don't want to ride around with it banging around. If you are unable to afford a aftermarket torque arm at this time I would just swap out the factory torque arm bushings to a Energy Suspension or Prothane one piece poly-urethane bushing and that will hold you over till you can afford a good torque arm.

The Energy Suspension torque arm bushing part number for the factory torque arm is 3.1111R for red and 3.1111G for black.

Like I said that is something you will want to take care of soon because the more that torque arm bangs around in the mount the more likely you are to really damage something.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, thank you so much for the response! Ill look up the energy suspension bushings or I may just leave it parked until I can afford the bmr torque arm but I wont be driving until I get one of them. I did notice my rear diff is starting to leak again after I had it rebuilt with 373s and bearings and shims in January. I dont know if that has anything to do with it or not though

Quick Reply: bad torque arm help!